Zachary A. Wiegand is a Burnsville estate planning and probate attorney who counsels clients on estate planning, probate, and trust administration matters. Zach helps families preserve and protect their hard-earned assets by drafting comprehensive and protective estate plans including wills, trusts, health care directives and powers of attorney. Following the death of a loved one, Zach also helps navigate families through the probate or trust administration process.
By working closely with his clients and listening intently to their concerns, Zach is better able to understand the goals and wishes of each individual and family he represents. Once each client’s goals are identified, Zach is then able to provide complex solutions in understandable terms.
Zach earned his J.D., cum laude, from William Mitchell College of Law where he also received Dean’s List honors. While at William Mitchell, he was named a Student Award of Merit Finalist. Prior to attending law school, Zach earned his Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, in history at Norwich University where he played for the Norwich Cadets men’s ice hockey team.
Upon graduating from law school, Zach served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Tammi A. Fredrickson in Minnesota’s 10th judicial district. Following his judicial clerkship, Zach practiced with an estate planning firm in St. Paul and subsequently opened his own estate planning practice.
An Arizona native, Zach is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Probate & Trust Law Section, the Minnesota Planned Giving Council and the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys. Zach also serves on the Board of Directors for the Shattuck-St. Mary’s School Foundation.
Zach lives in the Twin Cities with his wife, Ruth and their son Henrik. In his spare time, Zach volunteers for the Minnesota Wills for Heroes program and also enjoys traveling, reading and playing or watching hockey.
- Estate Planning
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Written
- William Mitchell College of Law
- J.D. (2011)
- Honors: Student Award of Merit - Finalist; Dean's List
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- State Bar of Minnesota # 0391868
- Blog - Gold Leaf Estate Planning
- What Did Prince Own When He Died?
7 September 2019
- Zach Wiegand Named Minnesota Super Lawyer Rising Star for 2019
8 July 2019
- Which States Have Estate or Inheritance Tax in 2019?
5 July 2019
27 June 2019
- GOLD LEAF ESTATE PLANNING CELEBRATES SECOND ANNIVERSARY
21 June 2019
- How Do I Get Letters Testamentary in Minnesota?
21 June 2019
- E-ALERT: SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO RETIREMENT ACCOUNT LAWS WILL AFFECT YOUR ESTATE PLAN
19 June 2019
- 5 Mistakes Made by Successor Trustees (and How to Prevent Them)
30 May 2019
- 3 Tips for Overwhelmed Executors (Personal Representatives) in Minnesota
27 May 2019