Free Consultation: (201) 655-6400Tap to Call This Lawyer
William N. Sosis

William N. Sosis

Sosis Law, LLC (201) 655-6400
  • Consumer Law, Family Law, Appeals & Appellate ...
  • New Jersey, New Jersey
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I am an experienced attorney licensed in the state of New Jersey and practicing consumer law, family law, internet law and public interest law. My practice includes all matters relating to consumer fraud, internet hacking, divorce, domestic violence, child support and alimony. I also have experience winning consumer cases and am a strong consumer advocate. I have successfully appeared before the Family part, Special Civil and the New Jersey Appellate Division. I provide a professional, caring and cost-conscious environment where you can feel comfortable and confident trusting us to handle your legal concerns.

Practice Areas
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Communications & Internet Law
    Internet Law, Media & Advertising, Telecommunications Law
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Elder Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Vice Chair
Administrative Law Section, NJSBA
Internet / Computer Law Committee
Bergen County Bar Association
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School Logo
New Jersey Institute of Technology
New Jersey Institute of Technology Logo
Montclair State University
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Bergen County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Hispanic Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Civil Liberties Union
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Your Do-it-Yourself Guide to Legal Investigations
Speaking Engagements
Cyber Security - Best Practices for Law Firms
Bergen County Bar Association
Your Do-it-Yourself Guide to Legal Investigations
National Business Institute
Internet law updates: privacy, net neutrality, free speech/bullying and law firm security
Bergen County Bar Association
Mobile Device Discovery: Getting What You Want and Using What You Get
Bergen County Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
151 Questions Answered
Q. If im from argentina and live in Argentina but got married in las vegas where should i get divorced????
A: Probably Argentina. But since I'm not familiar with Argentina, be wary that International divorce laws vary. Even within the US, divorce laws can vary between states. You should also consider any jurisdictional issues that may be brought up by your spouse.
Q. Hi my ex wife put a restraining order out on me she lied on the paperwork what can i do
A: This is very serious. You only have 10 days before a final restraining order hearing. This gives you incredibly little time. If there's still time left (2-3 days) there's fortunately a legal technique that a knowledgeable attorney can use that gets you more time to defend yourself against any false allegations. But you must quickly contact an attorney who has experience with this. Having a final restraining order entered against you is very ugly. They stay with you until you get them vacated (can be many years), they carry lots of collateral consequences, and, if you have children, you can even lose some of your parental rights.
Q. What can happen to a wife if she purchased house items with her husbands credit info without asking
A: I think your question is more suitable for posting in the Family Law section. Regardless, I think what can happen mostly depends on how much you spent, whether you used a joint credit card, the trust and quality of your marriage, and how your husband feels about it when he finds out. You might otherwise want to contact an attorney for a no-cost consultation.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Sosis Law, LLC.
Hackettstown, NJ, USA
Telephone: (201) 655-6400
Fax: (201) 781-7855
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.