I am committed to defending the constitutional rights of my clients. My practice is limited to criminal defense and I have always been on the side of the individual. I believe in our system. It is the best in the world and affords individuals rights they cannot obtain anywhere else on the globe.
My goal is simple: to obtain the best possible outcome for my clients. I have developed many relationships within the court system over the last 26 years and frequently put them to use on my client's behalf.
I believe that I can personalize my client's situation so that the court and opposing counsel can see the human side of our story, not just a dry and one-sided police report that contains many unsupported conclusions based upon limited facts.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- White Collar Crime
- Drug Offenses
- Drunk Driving/Traffic Matters
- Homicide Defense
- Major Narcotics Offenses
- Probation Violations
- Sex Offenses
- Three Strikes - Serious Felonies
- Violations of Restraining Orders
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I base my fees on the client's problem, my years of experience and the client's financial circumstances.
- 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- William Weinberg
- - Current
- Western State University College of Law
- Chapman College
- B.A. | English Literature
- Client's Choice Award
- California State Bar # 164081
- Orange County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- California Bar Foundation
- California Public Defenders Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Strategies For Defending Gang Crimes
- Multi-Topic Articles on Criminal Defense
- California Criminal Defense Lawyer Blog
- Consider This, Family Planning Conference, Irvine, CA
- Constitutional Law, Consider This
- California DUI Association
- William M. Weinberg's Website Profile
- William Weinberg Website
- William Weinberg DUI Website
- William M. Weinberg's DUI Website Profile
- California Criminal Defense Lawyer Blog
- CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES AND ARSON
30 October 2019
- CRIMINAL COMPLAINTS IN CALIFORNIA
4 October 2019
- WHAT INFORMATION IS REVEALED IN A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK?
3 September 2019
- STAND YOUR GOUND LAW IN CALIFORNIA
5 August 2019
- U.S. Incarceration Policies
9 July 2019
- EVERY ACCUSED PERSON IS ENTITLED TO A ZEALOUS DEFENSE
23 May 2019
- California The End of Bail
12 April 2019
- CAN BULLYING LEAD TO AN INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER CHARGE?
22 March 2019
- U.S. SUPREME COURT RULES CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE A VIOLATION OF THE EIGHTH AMENDMENT
19 March 2019
- Orange County DUI Lawyer Blog
- BUT OFFICER, MY STOMACH MADE ME DRUNK
14 November 2019
- DRIVER WHO WAS DRINKING MAKES THE WISE CHOICE TO TAKE A RIDESHARE IS KILLED BY A DRUNK DRIVER.
16 October 2019
- A DUI THAT RESULTS IN THE DEATH OF ANOTHER CAN BE CHARGED AS MURDER
26 September 2019
- DUI AND THE HABITUAL TRAFFIC OFFENDER DESIGNATION
16 August 2019
- SURVEY RESPONDENTS BELIEVE HIGH DRIVERS ARE LESS DANGEROUS THAN SLEEPY DRIVERS
15 July 2019
- CAN A LOW CARB DIET CAUSE AN INACCURATE BREATHALYZER RESULT?
20 June 2019
- WOULD LOWERING THE BAC IN CALIFORNIA TO 0.05% SAVE MORE LIVES?
23 May 2019
- California DUI Admin Per Se Hearing
9 May 2019
- CAN I BE ARRESTED FOR DUI EVEN IF THE ARRESTING OFFICER DID NOT OBSERVE ME DRIVING?
29 March 2019
- Q. If I was charged with domestic violence n had a court date n missed it,can I call a judge to get another court dat
- A: You should hire an attorney and go to court to get the warrant cleared up as soon as possible. If you cannot afford an attorney, contact your local public defenders office, let them know your situation and appear with one of them.
- Q. I got 180 days in La county jail for a technical violation of probation how much time will I do.
- A: Currently, it's commonly thought that inmates serve about 10% of their sentence.
- Q. My boyfriend is on parole. One of his condiontions is no contact with victim me. Can we get married with out violating
- A: Clearly no. He needs to contact his parole agent and get permissions in writing.
- Q. I got a felony when I was a minor I’m 18Now when will my record be sealed
- A: Yes of course you have to complete your probationary period or you will be in violation and subject to arrest. Contact your probation officer. If you’re doing well he or she may allow you to terminate probation early. He then simply file a petition to seal the arrest.
- Q. After an arrest was made, there was insufficient information at DA hence charges dropped. Change arrest to detain status
- A: The police department can issue a Detention only letter for you. Any records check will reflect a detention only. If that isn’t sufficient you may need to file a petition for factual innocence at the courthouse where your case would have been heard had it been filed. That is a noticed motion with points and authorities, declarations and argument.
- Q. I have 4 warrants can an attorney out me on calender so i don't have to go do it.myself and risk being arrested
- A: If they are misdemeanor warrants, then a lawyer can appear for you.
- Q. How do I get my arrest record expunged it's a couple of misdemeanors, I have no felony.
- A: You may fill out a form called a 1203.4. You will have to pay a filing fee of $150 and if you have not committed any probation violations are new crimes during the probationary period of those cases, the court will grant the motion and expunge the case.
- Q. Can a lawyer represent in any City and how do I go about finding the right one and what are basic fees
- A: A license to California attorney can represent you anywhere in the state. It makes sense however to hire someone who is local to you as they are familiar with local court processes, judges and prosecutors. The fee you would pay would correspond with the charge you have any criminal history you might have. Of course, if you lack any funds, you can apply for the public defenders help free of charge.
- Q. Hi my names is jose I just got my 4th ticket for no license and my ticket is of 1000$ Will I do jail time?
- A: The answer depends on what the reason is for the suspension. If it’s for a DUI then you are looking at jail time otherwise, you could avoid jail. Is there some reason you can’t get a valid drivers license in California? Often times, it’s just because of some fines or fees that were not paid on an old case. Also, a judge can convert the fines to community service if here she wants to. You should ask for that.