Attorney William Kickham has more than 20 years of legal practice from diverse positions in law and media, providing counsel on a wide range of legal and trial issues, in both the civil and criminal arenas. Mr. Kickham presently practices law in his own firm in Westwood, Massachusetts, and until recently was the Executive Producer and host of his own TV talk show, At The Bar, previously broadcast on the Comcast network in the suburban Boston market, discussing a variety of legal and litigation issues within Massachusetts and nationally.
In his diverse legal roles, Mr. Kickham has served as the New England Regional Manager for the Insurance Information Institute, a nationwide trade association of liability insurance companies. In this capacity, Mr. Kickham acted as the Institute’s chief spokesperson to all media, industry and opposition groups having an interest in the industry’s legal and litigation issues. Within his role, Mr. Kickham worked with and appeared in all major print, radio and television media throughout New England, as well as in national publications such as USA Today, The National Law Journal, Lawyers Weekly USA, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
Prior to his association with the Institute, Mr. Kickham served as Public Affairs Counsel for the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (MATA), in Boston. MATA is a specialty bar association, and is the state chapter of the American Association for Justice, (for many years formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA). Mr. Kickham was responsible for media relations on all legal and trial issues, insurance liability, tort reform and civil justice issues. He directed all media coverage and commentary for the association, and served as Editor-In-Chief of all news operations. He regularly appeared in major print and broadcast media, regionally and nationally.
While attending Suffolk University Law School, Mr. Kickham also served on the House Judiciary Committee within the Massachusetts House, where he was Communications Coordinator for legal and legislative matters before the Committee. Prior to entering Suffolk Law School, Mr. Kickham directed media relations and communications strategy within a statewide coalition to reform auto insurance in Massachusetts, where he communicated complex legislative issues to a wide variety of media. Mr. Kickham is a former Special Assistant District Attorney for Norfolk County in Massachusetts, and has tried numerous criminal cases, as both prosecutor and defense counsel.
Mr. Kickham holds a degree in Economics from Boston College, and a Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School. He is a member of the Massachusetts and Federal Bars, was a 1982 award recipient from the Outstanding Young Men of America, and a scholarship recipient from Suffolk University Law School. In addition to serving as the host of his own talk show, At The Bar from1995 to 2005, Mr. Kickham has appeared as legal analyst and commentator on Court TV, and appeared as spokesperson and legal commentator in The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, WBZ-AM Radio, WCVB-TV, WBZ-TV, WHDH-TV, and New England Cable News, discussing a wide variety of legal issues and organizations. In addition, he has worked with such national news organizations as USA Today and 60 Minutes, in briefing researchers and producers on legal issues.
Mr. Kickham resides with his wife Debbi in Westwood, Massachusetts.
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma
- Construction Law
- Insurance Claims
- Products Liability
- Traffic Tickets
- White Collar Crime
- Workers' Compensation
- Consumer Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate Law
- Domestic Violence
- Car Accidents
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- 1st Circuit
- U.S. District Court, First District, Massachusetts
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Written
- Managing Partner
- William D. Kickham
- - Current
- Principal, Attorney William D. Kickham, Westwood, MA. Provide legal & communications counsel in areas of corporate communications, media relations, and policy issues for advocacy, legal & business organizations. - Provide litigation and legal counsel to businesses and individuals within general practice. - Communicate legal and public policy issues with media news editors and reporters. - Manage interest group communications and government relations. - Occasional Court TV and Print/Broadcast Media Legal Analyst
- Board of Directors
- Westwood Community Access Television Corp.
- Served on Board of Directors of Community Cable Television corporation. Responsible for contributing to oversight of budget, programming, staffing and management.
- Host and Executive Producer
- Comcast Television Network
- Television Show Host, At The Bar, Comcast Cable Television Network. Serve as Executive Producer and Host of Comcast television programming, reporting on legal, business & finance issues. • Talk show featuring prominent guests within monthly 30-minute televised legal news format. • Deliver analysis & commentary of current legal & financial issues. • Originate, write & edit all news material, covering legal, financial and consumer issues.
- Regional Manager
- Insurance Information Institute
- Regional Manager of Communications, Insurance Information Institute. Directed Media and Public Relations for New England office of national liability insurance association. Managed corporate communications, message development and media/community relations. • Created & executed Strategic Communications/Marketing Program for six-state region, producing 75% increase in positive media coverage. • Produced & communicated Tort Reform Impact Program to media & regulators, resulting in significant business legislative reform & expansion of industry earnings by 40%. • Spearheaded industry Community Outreach Program, creating strategic business alliances. • Wrote/edited all press releases and communications on legal & liability issues; made all media appearances as organizational spokesperson
- Public Affairs Counsel
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Public Affairs Counsel, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys. Directed media and external relations involving legal issues, state & federal court system, and tort & insurance law for bar association. Managed news writing and communications agenda before press, legislators, and interest groups. • Created new Media Relations Department, producing 100% increase in message recognition. • Appeared as Spokesperson to all press and electronic media, producing regular visibility. • Provided media training and coaching to all Board leadership making media appearances • Wrote/edited all Op-eds, speeches and publications as Editor-In-Chief on legal issues.
- Communications Coordinator
- Joint Committee on the Judiciary, Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Communications Coordinator, Joint Committee on the Judiciary, Massachusetts House of Representatives, Boston. Developed media kits concerning legislation impacting liability of business organizations. • Re-designed press release format for 50% increased content accuracy & message efficacy. • Developed effective relationships with over 12 major print & electronic news organizations, producing 75% increase in positive news coverage of committee operations.
- Suffolk University Law School
- J.D. / Law (1985)
- Trustee Scholarship Recipient
- Boston College
- B.S. / Economics (1980)
- Outstanding Young Men of America
- Award given to young men between ages of 18 -25 who have demonstated outstanding civic and/or charitable involvement in their communities.
- Who's Who in America
- International Who's Who
- Rotary Club of Westwood Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- American Association for Justice
- Rotary International
- - Current
- Activities: Member of Westwood, Massachusetts chapter of international organization dedicated to charitable and philanthropic efforts, both locally and internationally.
- Westwood Community Access Television Corp.
- Activities: Served on Board of Directors developing and overseeing creation, organization and operational policy development of community access television system within town of Westwood, Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts District Court Criminal Defense
- Committee for Public Counsel Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- William D. Kickham's Personal Injury Website Profile
- William D. Kickham Personal Injury Website
- William D. Kickham's Criminal Defense Website Profile
- William D. Kickham Criminal Defense Website
- Boston Criminal Attorney Blog
- Rachelle Bond’s Sentence in Bella Bond Murder: A Tough Legal Choice
12 July 2017
- Massachusetts Suicide Texting Case: Reasoned and Justified – Part Two of Two
18 June 2017
- TEXTING SUICIDE GUILTY VERDICT: A MAJOR SHIFT IN HOMICIDE LAW
17 June 2017
- Young Boy Calls Cops on His Drug Dealing Father. Admonish or Encourage?
22 May 2017
- DID AARON HERNANDEZ DIE LEGALLY INNOCENT OF MURDER?
22 April 2017
- 8,000 MASSACHUSETTS UBER/LYFT DRIVERS REVOKED DUE TO PRIOR LICENSE VIOLATIONS & CRIMINAL RECORDS
8 April 2017
- Massachusetts SJC Should Revoke Ban on “Secret” Recording of Police
26 March 2017
- Massachusetts Marijuana Legalization: Federal & Local Governments Tone-Deaf to Voters
11 March 2017
- Massachusetts DUI/OUI: Don’t Make It A Stupor Bowl Event
5 February 2017
- Boston Accident Lawyer Blog
- Hingham Suicide Tragedy: Caused by Massive Police Overreaction?
18 July 2017
- It Is (Past) Time: Massachusetts Should Ban All Drivers From Using Hand-Held Devices
12 July 2017
- July Fourth Fireworks: Have Fun, But Don’t Become One
2 July 2017
- Power Morcellators to Treat Uterine and Ovarian Fibroids/Cysts – Defective Medical Devices – Part Two of Two
4 June 2017
- Defective Medical Devices – Power Morcellators, Exhibit A
29 May 2017
- MASSACHUSETTS BIKE ACCIDENTS: WAR BETWEEN BICYCLISTS AND DRIVERS HEATS UP
25 May 2017
- Massachusetts Car Accidents: Don’t Skimp On Too Little Auto Insurance – Part Two of Two
18 April 2017
- WHAT IS MASSACHUSETTS UNINSURED AND UNDERINSURED AUTO INSURANCE, AND WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
11 March 2017
- Injured in Massachusetts Accident? Resolve To Remember This List for 2017
2 January 2017
Massachusetts Brain InjuryMassachusetts Bus and MBTA Accidents - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts MBTA Injury LitigationMassachusetts Car & Motor Vehicle Accident Lawsuits - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Car/Motor Vehicle Injury LitigationMassachusetts Defective Products & Product Liability Cases - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Defective Products Injury LitigationMassachusetts Liquor Liability Injury Law - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Liquor Liability LitigationMassachusetts Medical Malpractice Cases - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Medical Negligence/Medical Malpractice LitigationMassachusetts Nursing Home Neglect & Patient Abuse Law - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse LitigationMassachusetts Social Host Law & Alcohol Liability Cases - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Social Host Alcohol LiabilityMassachusetts Workers’ Compensation Law - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Workers Compensation LitigationMassachusetts Traffic Violations - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Violation HearingsMassachusetts Drug Charges - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Drug Offense CasesMassachusetts OUI & DUI Charges - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts OUI/DUI ChargesMassachusetts Clerk-Magistrate Hearings - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Clerk-Magistrate HearingsMassachusetts Larceny & Theft Crimes - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Larceny & Theft Crimes ChargesMassachusetts Kidnapping Charges - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Kidnapping ChargesMassachusetts Domestic Violence Charges - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Domestic Violence ChargesMassachusetts College Student Arrests - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts College Student ArrestsMassachusetts Bail Hearings - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Bail HearingsMassachusetts Assault & Battery Cases - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Assault & Battery ChargesMassachusetts Assault & Battery Cases - Attorney William D. Kickham
Massachusetts Gun & Firearms LawWilliam D. Kickham - Personal Injury Attorney, Boston
Westwood Office: 119 Fisher Street, Suite One Westwood, Massachusetts 02090 Boston Office: 101 Federal Street, Suite 1900 Boston, Massachusetts, 02110 Phone: 781.320.0062 Fax: 781.320.0062 Mobile: 617.285.3600 Email: Bill@kickhamlegal.com