Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- University Of Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Texas State Bar  # 01802800
- - Current
7 Questions Answered
- Q. If a person has this on the sex offenders list, does it mean he was incarcerated for 10 yrs and then probation?
- A: I believe the notation "discharged probation/community supervision" means that person successfully completed 10 years of probation.
- Q. Is it still illegal for a sex offender to be registered at one address but living at another if they are off parole?
- A: Depends on the length of time that person has to register as a sex offender. That is separate from parole.
- Q. Can my mom press charges against my 18 year old boyfriend even though we haven’t had sex? Or put a restraining order?
- A: Until you turn 17, you are considered a "child" in Texas. That means if someone older had sex or sexual contact with you, they could be prosecuted for aggravated sexual assault of a child. That said, unless your mom has proof you are having sex, your boyfriend should be okay. However, depending on the police department, your mom might be able to get them to open an investigation of the charge. There is also a defense to these kind of charges -- that there is less than 3 years difference in the ages. Since he is less than 3 years older than you, it should apply. It wasn't clear who the "we" is in "we got into an argument." Might make a difference.
Contact & Map