W. Scott Montross, born Milwaukee, Wisconsin, April 16, 1947, attended the University of Michigan on a full basketball scholarship, receiving his B.B.A. in 1969. Mr. Montross attended Indiana University and was awarded his J.D. degree in 1971.; also admitted to practice before U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit; U.S. District Courts, Southern District of Indiana, Southern District of Ohio and Southern District of Wisconsin.
Scott’s practice includes serious personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, products liability and aviation law.
He is a frequent lecturer and contributor on trial practice, as well as handling several landmark decisions before the Indiana Supreme and Appellate Courts.
Mr. Montross is a member of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Directors, 1982-; President, 1988; Lifetime Director, 1989); Fellow: American College of Trial Lawyers; Indianapolis Bar Foundation; Indiana Bar Foundation; Indiana College of Trial Lawyers; American Association for Justice; Indianapolis (Founder Chairman: Legal Aid to Homeless, 1991-; Juvenile Court Legal Aid Project; Founder Chairman 1993-) and Indiana State Bar Association; President, Indianapolis Law Club, 1986; Heartland Pro Bono Council (Vice-President, 2003-); Indianapolis Legal Aid Society (Board of Directors, 2004-).
For nearly 50 years, Scott has received law-related awards as well as community awards associated with pro bono and volunteer activities on behalf of the developmentally disabled.
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- Southern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Wisconsin
- 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Southern District of Indiana
- Montross Miller
- Personal Injury & Malpractice Law Firm
- Indiana University
- University of Michigan Law School
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Indiana Bar Foundation
- Indiana College of Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- Montross Miller Website
- W. Scott Montross' Website Profile
- Indiana Injury Lawyer Blog
- 2018 was Deadliest Year for Bicyclists in 30 Years
4 November 2019
- Indy Star: Hoosier Mothers Die During Delivery at The Same Rate as Women in Iraq
28 October 2019
- Diagnostic Errors are the Most Common Medical Errors
28 October 2019
- Can Webcams Prevent Nursing Home Abuse?
20 October 2019
- Hospital ER’s Warn Drinking and E-Scooters Don’t Mix
7 October 2019
- Strap-On Helmets Prevent Brain Injuries in Cyclists
15 September 2019
- Accidents Involving Children in Parking Lots
14 September 2019
- Radiology Errors and Unnecessary Surgeries
7 September 2019
- Not Just Seniors; Middle-Aged Adults Also at Risk for Fall Accidents
10 August 2019