Free Consultation: (503) 990-7672Tap to Call This Lawyer
Virgil Royer

Virgil Royer

Handling Personal Injury cases in Salem, Beaverton, Portland & throughout Or
  • Personal Injury, Divorce, Family Law
  • Oregon
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Virgil Royer, a graduate of the Willamette School of Law, practices law to assist people navigate through and successfully put behind the difficult times in their life. Mr. Royer represents people who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents and any accident that was caused by someone else's negligence. He enjoys helping people receive the compensation that they deserve. Mr. Royer will pursue your matter to trial to get a just award. Mr. Royer stays active within his community and enjoys doing all he can to pursue justice for his clients.

ROYER & ASSOCIATES and their staff are dedicated to assisting their clients and always strive to obtain the best possible outcome for each client. If you have been involved in an accident caused by someone's else's negligence, you need to speak with a law firm right away. Even if you elect to not retain an attorney, you will be better informed and more knowledgeable able the possible relief you are entitled to.

Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
    Free Consultation for personal injury matters, only
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I work on a contingency basis for personal injury matters, only.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Family Law Matters: There is a consultation fee for all cases that are not personal injury related.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oregon State Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Royer & Associates Attorneys at Law
Willamette University College of Law
J.D. (2011)
Willamette University College of Law Logo
Trial Advocacy Award
Willamette University College of Law
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar  # 115098
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Digital Data, Evidence, and Ethical Assistance for Lawyers, OALI Continuing Education Seminar
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
28 Questions Answered
Q. I'm located in Medford Oregon. A spot on my hand was misdiagnosed as "sun damage", when in fact, it was cancer.
A: I am very sorry for your experience. I know it can be frustrating to go through an experience that was difficult and/or could have been prevented. Medical Malpractice cases are tough because they almost always involve a serious injury and/or loss. Plus, in order to have a claim against a medical provider, there has be an qualified expert who can testify that the healthcare professional acted below the standard of care in the same/similar community as Medford. In short, would a healthcare expert claim that it was unreasonable for the doctor to make the mistake? It is not enough for a non-expert to assume the doctor should have performed certain tests, or follow a protocol given perceived knowledge of medication and its known propensity to cause cancer. You need an expert to say so. Then, if you can establish the doctor was negligent--in terms of these claims, negligence is only if the doctor's conduct was outside the standard of care--then, you need to prove the outcome would have been better if the doctor got the diagnosis correct. So, if the end result was to have the same excision on your hand to remove it, then there are likely no significant damages to warrant a lawsuit. If, however, there was a better remedy that you lost out on due to delay or things became much worse due to a delay in treatment, then you can sue for those damages. You need to speak with an experienced attorney right away if you want to sue a doctor, and you need to be prepared to obtain an expert review of the case. I wish you the best in all your future endeavors and hope that you are doing well now.
Q. Can I sue the other driver of a car that hit mine?
A: Yes. You can sue. The fact you can sue does not mean you have strong case. It sounds like there might be some conflicting evidence that needs to be sorted out. The fact you were hit on the passenger's side door might indicate that you were not at-fault because clearly your car was struck. Without reviewing statements and the police report, it would be difficult to give a clear answer. You should seek the advice and counsel of a lawyer. The insurance company is almost the last person to render an opinion to you because it is likely biased in favor of their insured. You should seek a personal injury lawyer who handles cases on a contingency fee basis. You have a two year statute of limitations from the accident to file a claim, in most cases, for bodily injury, a claim for property loss is longer (6 years), so you should act fast. If you are suing a governmental entity, you must file a Tort Claim within 180 days from the accident.
Q. I went a property next to the largest homeless camp in hillsboro oregon . Who and how do I sue for property value loss
A: I understand your obvious frustration. Clearly, you have lost perceived value of your property due to the conditions of the surrounding property. It could be thousands of dollars. Who to sue? Who is responsible for the loss you feel you have encountered? If you think the City could do more to protect your home and/or property value, and they are negligent, perhaps you might start there. Before filing suit with the City, you may need to file a timely Tort Claim. If it is the people living in the homeless camp, they might be the best to sue because there conduct might be causing the loss of value. You need to file a lawsuit against a responsible party that has the funds to either settle or pay a Judgment. It may be difficult to find an attorney to file an action for you on a contingency basis, where the attorney does not get paid until you do. If the neighborhood and/or community cleans up and works together, perhaps your home and/or property value will spike back up. If you want to file a lawsuit, you should seek the advice of an attorney right away to avoid missing any deadlines and/or the applicable statute of limitations. You can contact the Oregon State Bar for referral if you have trouble finding an attorney by calling the Oregon State Bar: Telephone: 503-684-3763 or toll-free in Oregon at 800-452-7636.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Royer & Associates
380 Madrona Avenue S
Salem, OR 97302
Telephone: (503) 990-7672
Fax: (503) 296-5693
111 SW 5th Avenue Suite 3150
Portland, OR 97204
Telephone: (503) 990-7672
Cell: (503) 816-9233
Fax: (503) 296-5693
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.