Vince SykesSykes Law Firm, P.C.
- Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Employment Law
- New York
Attorney Vince Sykes is a veteran of the United States Air Force, where he served on active duty, as an enlisted, and earned several distinguished medals to include Good Conduct Medal and Overseas Tour of Duty.
Following military service, Vince obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E.) from SUNY, Stony Brook, NY; a Masters in Business Administration (M.B.A.) from Pepperdine University, CA.; and a Juris Doctorate Degree (J.D.), Cum Laude, from Pace Law School, NY.
Vince’s career spans engineering positions in Silicon Valley where he worked for high-tech companies such as Cisco Systems, Bay Networks, Alcatel-Lucent, and various technology start-ups. Vince was a member of the Alcatel-Lucent team that designed and developed AT&T’s 4G cellular network.
Born in Washington DC to diplomat parents but a citizen of Ghana, Vince grew up in various countries to include Moscow, London and Ghana. His multicultural background is reflected in his work as an attorney. While engineering was Vince's childhood passion, he developed a deeper appreciation for criminal justice and civil rights after relocating to the United States.
Law was a logical next step, which today allows Vince to confront social injustices and disparities within our criminal justice system. As a victims' advocate--civil rights, personal injury--Vince will go to the edge of the law to right wrongs and fight vigorously for the underdog.
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Civil Rights
- Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Employment Law
- Employment Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
Free consultation on any case, up to 1 hour.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- ID Number: 4974275
- 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law - Pace University
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- State University of New York - Stony Brook
- B.S. | Electrical Engineering
- - present
- Pepperdine University
- MBA (2002) | Masters of Business Administration
- Federal Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York Personal Injury & Civil Litigation
- Q. Can an asylum applicant (who has SSN and Employment Authorization because of it) legally buy a gun?
- A: You need to get a permit; whether you can legally purchase or not. Work permit and SS number don’t confer you status. In fact you have no status, but perhaps refugee seeking to remain in the US. And any weapons offense could negatively impact your asylum application.
- Q. De-Scheduled Naturalization Interview
- A: You basically have to wait. But check the online info site periodically to see if there are any updates. Communication with USCIS is on a simplex basis, so requires patience.
- Q. N 400 Naturalization Interview
- A: Presumably you will be looking to petition for your wife, which is the I-130 petition and of course showing of legit marriage. Your N-400 is based solely on your qualifications--married or not. Needless to say, if asked about your marital status at the interview, you answer accordingly.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.