Free Consultation: (818) 699-0333Tap to Call This Lawyer
Vernon Charles Tucker

Vernon Charles Tucker

Law Office of Vernon C. Tucker
  • Bankruptcy, Collections, Insurance Defense...
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Aggressive Representation. Don't settle for less!

Don't be a Sucker.................Call Vernon Tucker!!!

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Collections
  • Insurance Defense
  • Insurance Claims
  • Divorce
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Products Liability
  • Personal Injury
  • Municipal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Elder Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Subrogation
  • Free Consultation
    Thirty minutes maximum consult
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    $250 an hour or flat fee is negotiable depending on the services requested.
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Law Office of Vernon C. Tucker
High volume litigation firm with an aggressive approach to resolve any conflict,
Paralegal • Subrogation Specialist
Southern California Institute of Law
J.D. (2010) | Law
Treasurer for Delta Theta Phi Fraternity and the Student Bar Association 2007-2009
Honors: Outstanding Professionalism awarded by the Student Bar Association
Activities: Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity International
Placeholder image for education.
Colorado State University
C.P. (Certified Paralegal) | Paralegalism
Colorado State University Logo
Minot State University
B.S. (2003) | Criminal Justice / Pre-Law
Activities: Criminal Justice Club
Placeholder image for education.
Minot State University
A.S. (2000) | Pre-Law
Placeholder image for education.
Outstanding Professionalism
Southern California Institute Of Law
Professional Associations
Federal Court - Central District of California
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal Court - Southern District of California
- Current
Activities: Federal Bankruptcy Practice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of California # 289320
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Paralegal Certified
Colorado State University
Websites & Blogs
Attorney Vernon C. Tucker
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered

Q. what is the time limit to respond to a motion filed by defendants?
A: Yes because you needed to obtain a Dismissal w/ a waiver of costs. Since you did not do so the defendants are seeking their costs now.
Q. If a $50,000 bond is disbursed thru numerous claimants in a case?
A: Hello, Typically it will be distributed on a pro-rata basis. This means that each respective claimant will receive a portion in relation to the amount of their claim. Hope this helps! Respectfully, Vernon C. Tucker, Esq. Member California Bar
Q. Good afternoon, recently i was served divorce papers along with custody papers. I have no idea what to say or do. HELP?
A: You need to first note how you were served. Was it personal service or served on someone else which is commonly known as sub service? Was the service valid? The reason why this is important is because it controls when your responsive pleading is due. Which will either be thirty (30) or (45) days. You need to then decide if you are going to represent yourself or get an experienced lawyer to handle the proceedings. Is it possible that you could work out the divorce informally or just agree on child custody? If so, this would be your best option, but if you cannot be civil and reasonable then its best to have an attorney in your corner to protect your rights. A dissolution is a very serious matter and should not be overlooked as there is serious legal consequences that could take place if you ignore the paperwork or submit something that should not be submitted. Vernon C. Tucker, Esq (P) 818-699-0333 (C) 805-259-9951
Q. I received a copy of a Request for Entry of Default Judgement filed by an equipment leasing company. How do I respond?
A: If you received a Request for Entry of Default you are in a tough position. This means service has been effectuated upon you and your responsive pleading was already due by now. The defendant has now requested a default to be entered against you and this will happen unless you file a responsive pleading BEFORE the default is entered. I don't want to give you false hope so unless the default is rejected you have lost the opportunity to respond. You are now in a default position and cannot file any responsive pleading like an answer to the lawsuit. You must now bring a motion to set aside the default judgment and should contact an experienced attorney to handle this motion for you as you only get one opportunity to accomplish setting aside the judgment otherwise the judgment will be final if you do not prevail on your motion and you will be stuck with the judgment. I hope this helps and please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions regarding this matter. Vernon C. Tucker (818) 699-0333 Member California Bar
Q. There was a fire in my home caused by faulty wiring put in by an AC company. Can I sue the AC company?
A: If your insurance company paid you then you would only be entitled to any out of pocket expenses that were not covered by your insurance company. Your insurance company will be pursuing the A/C company for the damages sustained to your home via subrogation. If you have any additional damages you would want to join forces with your insurance company efforts to recover the money via subrogation. I would let your carrier know you have additional expenses and they will add it to their subrogation demand to the A/C company if they are pursuing the claim. If they are not then you need to pursue it on your own or with the assistance of counsel. Vernon C. Tucker California Attorney
Q. Can I keep someones car if they owe me money? If they report car stolen could I get in trouble for having a stolen car?
A: Depends on what the car is worth and how much is owed to you. Also I would need to know what the loan was for? Did you do work to the car and then you did not get paid?
Q. Can a collection agency file default even after a response was filed w/court and served? Next step? Dismissal?
A: I would need more information to give you an exact answer. Like how long has it been since you heard something on the case? Are you checking the courts website in regards to the register of actions? Was the default received stamped by the court that you received or was it a mere copy provided by opposing counsel. I would check the court's register of actions with the case number and see what is going on. If you are sure you filed an answer then there should be no reason you received a request for default unless the two documents crossed paths. Meaning your answer arrived at the court at the same time as the default and the court entered your answer as opposed to the default requested by plaintiff. Or, possibly you did not respond to discovery timely and a motion to compel was filed against you with a subsequent motion to strike your answer which would then trigger a request for entry of default. You would have had to ignored a lot of paper work for this to have happened, but its the only other thing as to why you could be in default. Please let me know some additional facts and I'll be more than happy to give you a more concise answer to your question presented. Vernon C. Tucker, Esq. California Attorney
Q. We live in California Sonoma county lawyer asking for double what lien states.
A: A judgment earns 10% interest per year in California and adds up quickly over eight (8) years. You can always try to negotiate the balance down, but to answer your question you technically owe the entire principal balance plus the interest.
Q. Can I sue a major hotel chain for damages i did not do but was still charged for?
A: Stop payment on your Credit Card and deem the charge unauthorized. Then small claims would be your best option for any damages you sustained.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Vernon C. Tucker
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Aggressive Representation
2655 First Street, Suite 250
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Telephone: (818) 699-0333
Fax: (877) 624-7560
Tucker & Associates - Staff Counsel for Mountain Recovery, LLC.
Subrogation | Collections | Post Judgment Execution
217 East Alameda Avenue, Ste. 305
Burbank , CA 91502
Telephone: (818) 795-2655 Ext. 3
Cell: (805) 259-9951
Tucker & Associates - Staff Counsel Mountain Recovery, LLC.
Subrogation | Collections | Post Judgment Execution
5404 Whitsett Avenue, Suite 168
Valley Village , CA 91607
Telephone: (818) 795-2655
Cell: (805) 259-9951
Fax: (877) 624-7560