At LAW OFFICE OF UZOMA OBI, LLC, we are a new kind of law firm for a changing world. We are consistent, patient and professional, giving each new case the attention it deserves.
In his role as the Principal Attorney, Uzoma draws on his diverse and broad experience to help clients across a number of practice areas with primary focus on personal injury, auto accidents, Workers Compensation, and business law.
Uzoma earned his Law Degree from the University of Maryland School of Law. He is also licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and is also a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and admitted to practice law in Maryland by the Court of Appeals of Maryland.
- Business Law
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
Free consultations are limited to 15 minutes and are strictly by appointments only
- Credit Cards Accepted
Applicable only to personal injury cases (auto/motorcycle accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, etc)
- English: Spoken, Written
- Igbo: Spoken, Written
- Maryland State Bar
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- J.D. (1998) | Law
- University of the District of Columbia
- B.B.A. (1994) | Accounting
- Nigerian American Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year
- Orlu Regional Association
- Award received from the Orlu Regional Association, Maryland Branch - a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization.
- Maryland State Bar
- - Current
- How To Avoid Routine Errors As an Auto Accident Victim , Orlu Regional Association, DC , Wyndham Garden Hotel, Bladensburg Maryland
- A speech on how to safeguard the value of your personal injury case immediately following an auto accident.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accounting Aid Society
- Q. Can my state settlement be intercepted
- A: Your settlement can be reduced (or 'intercepted') by any liens that have been given to your lawyer to honor before your case settles.
- Q. How long I have to get a lawyer after car accident in MD
- A: There is no hard and fast rule but the earlier the better to protect your legal interests. Also, keep in mind that consultations for personal injury auto accidents are free given lawyers work on a contingent fee basis (no recovery, no fee).
- Q. Who do I need to speak to about a terrible accident involving myself and a natural resource officer?
- A: You will definitely need to speak with an attorney. However, in the interim, you can obtain a copy of the police report which should be available by now and this will provide insight as to the assignment of fault. Based on your assertions, it appears you may have a case for personal injury, however, to be certain, you should consult with a personal injury attorney. They work on a contingent fee basis and usually offer free consultations for personal injury cases.