Trisha Festerling

Trisha Festerling

Sterling Law Offices, S.C.
  • Divorce, Family Law, Estate Planning...
  • Wisconsin
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Attorney Festerling concentrates in family law and related fields. She has worked as a guardian at litem and is a license collaborative law attorney. Trisha's passion for law sparked in middle school and she never let go of that drive to pursue a career in the law. She has a servants heart and she found being a lawyer allows her to have a direct access to help people.

Prior to joining Sterling Law Offices, Attorney Festerling worked as a domestic litigator with the national law firm Cordell & Cordell out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In 2013 Trisha was nominated by her peers as a Rising Star and was later the winner of the 2013 Rising Star Award from SuperLawyers. Only 5% of attorney's nationally win this award.

Trisha has always been competitive and showed this off in college where at UWM, she competed as part of the Division 1 track team for two years (before leaving the US to study abroad). Trisha earned a B.A. degree from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 2001 graduating with academic honors and Magna Cum Laude.

She later earned her Juris Doctor (J.D.) from Regent University School of Law in 2007. In law school During law school she competed in the Moot Court Board and participated in the 2006 National Constitution Moot Court Competition where she placed 6th place nationally. She was also part of the James Kent American Inns of Court.

When Trisha is outside of the workplace she is with family. She spends time reading, hiking, and skipping rocks on the beach. She enjoys going to the zoo with family as well as the Milwaukee Public Museum.

Trisha says, "As a lawyer, I am often a buffer between pain and reasonableness. When I have the opportunity to alleviate someone’s worries, to relieve the stress in life by explaining the basics of the law, I have done what I have been called to do. The result has been personal satisfaction that I am not sure could have been achieved doing anything else."

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Sterling Law Offices, S.C.
- Current
Cordell & Cordell
Regent University School of Law
J.D. (2007) | Juris Doctor
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
B.S. (2001) | Political Science
Rising Star
Rising Star Award Winner 5 Consecutive Years: 2013 - 2017
Professional Associations
State Bar of Wisconsin # 1066355
Articles & Publications
Children DO NOT come with Instructions: Find Your Own Path
Sterling Law Offices, S.C.
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. I filed for divorce and dismissed case almost a year ago can I reopen it or have to refile
A: You'll still need to refile.
Q. Divorcing the same person for the second time..
A: Yes it can be changed, but that doesn't mean it will.
Q. My son is 23 and has 7 children. He still lives in my home without a job. As his mother am I responsible for paying it?
A: As long as there are no other extenuating circumstances, then no.
Q. My wife cheated on me. Am I likely to be granted primary custody?
A: The answer to this requires much more than just adultery. I'd recommend consulting a family law attorney.
Q. How can I get my husband for illegal divorce?
A: Contact a lawyer immediately.
Q. My divorce is active an filed what do i have to do next
A: It's time to consult an attorney.
Q. My wife of 4 years has run off and disappeared for the last time divorce is the answer what do i do?
A: It's time to contact a divorce attorney.
Q. my divorce was final 8 years ago. as part of my divorce, my ex was to pay half for a car for our son. he is refusing.
A: You'll be heading to circuit court to settle this.
Q. Every other year christmas and thanksgiving?
A: From a legal standpoint, no you do not.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Attorney Trisha Festerling
250 E Wisconsin Ave
18th floor
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Telephone: (414) 286-4752