Tom F. Hirschauer IIIPartner at Keffer Hirschauer LLP
- Divorce, Criminal Law
Tom F. Hirschauer III was born and raised in the Indianapolis, Indiana, area. Tom comes from a family of legal practitioners who have practices in the State of Indiana since 1943. Tom is a graduate of Carmel High School, Xavier University, and the Ave Maria School of Law in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Tom began his legal career in Marion County (Indianapolis) at the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office. As a deputy prosecutor, Tom worked on cases ranging from misdemeanors and low level felonies or major felony offenses.
In 2011, Tom was appointed to lead the Fatal Alcohol Crash Team (FACT) within the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office. As part of this position, he was trained in Crash/Accident Reconstruction through Northwestern University as well as Forensic Toxicology through Indiana University. During this time, Tom was involved in some of the most complex cases in the State of Indiana, and has tried in excess of twenty jury trials and countless bench trials.
In 2014, Tom was tasked with supervising the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office Asset Forfeiture Division. In that position, he oversaw hundreds of civil forfeiture proceedings while simultaneously handling forfeiture cases in excess of $100,000.00; with some cases in excess of $1,000,000.00. Tom has taught both attorneys and law enforcement officers in the areas of DUI enforcement and investigation, traffic laws and the investigation of traffic-related matters, and while collar crime and the subsequent civil forfeiture.
During his time with the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office, Tom went through his own divorce which gave him a new appreciation for the struggles and real life concerns that anyone is going through during a divorce. Currently, Tom focuses his practice on select Criminal and Family Law matters with Keffer Hirschauer LLP.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Microsoft Teams
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- Partner / Attorney
- Keffer Barnhart LLP
- - Current
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney
- Marion County Prosecutor's Office
- Ave Maria School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Xavier University
- B.A. | Philosophy
- Holy Cross College
- Top 100 DUI Attorneys
- National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers
- Indiana State Bar
- What's next in court process for Noblesville school shooter?
- WTHR 6
- Criminal Law Primer, IUPUI Criminal Law Course - Visiting Teacher
- Keffer Hirschauer LLP - Family Law Homepage - Indy Justice
- What Constitutes Official Misconduct in Indiana?
June 6, 2023
- Laws on Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Indiana
June 2, 2023
- Laws on Possession of Paraphernalia in Indiana
May 31, 2023
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.