Tom Nathan has been practicing law since 1978. His focus on catastrophic injury, medical malpractice and product liability cases have taken him to courthouses around the country on behalf of his injured clients. Tom graduated from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin in 1972. While teaching history and other subjects, at the Francis W. Parker school in Chicago , Tom finished his Masters degree in History at Northwestern in 1974, and his J.D. at John Marshall Law School in 1978.
After two years in general practice, Tom joined the law firm of Lane and Munday in 1980 and began his work representing people who were injured as a result of the negligence of others. The scope of the work included trial and litigation of cases involving medical negligence, auto, truck and motor cycle accidents, product liability, police misconduct, construction events and general negligence claims. In 1991, Tom and John Munday started Munday and Nathan continuing the Trial and litigation practice in these areas.
Since then, Tom has led the attorneys at Munday and Nathan in prosecuting various types of injury claims in Cook and multiple other counties in Illinois. The practice has also brought the firm’s attorneys into courthouses around the country, pursuing claims arising from catastrophic event like mass electrocution, train accidents, product liability claims for faulty brake and vehicle design to medical negligence claims. Throughout the decades , the attorneys in the firm have maintained a reputation for professional, detailed and aggressive work in proving their clients’ cases. This tradition continues and will continue because of the compassionate commitment of each attorney in the firm to our clients and justice.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- U.S. District Court Central, Northern & Southern Districts of Illinois
- Munday & Nathan
- - Current
- The John Marshall Law School
- J.D. (1978)
- Northwestern University
- M.A. (1974)
- Lawrence University
- B.A. (1972)
- Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Society of Trial Lawyers
- Thomas J. Nathan's Website Profile
- Munday & Nathan Website
- Chicago Personal Injury Blog
- Barring serious injury, here are steps to take after a crash
13 October 2018
- Why can’t drivers resist their cellphones?
11 October 2018
- Intensive care unit misdiagnoses are preventable
4 October 2018
- Pediatricians are sued for malpractice less than other doctors
27 September 2018
- Facial nerve palsy is a birth injury that may never go away
20 September 2018
- Why have there been so many car recalls in the past few years?
13 September 2018
- Help your loved one after an injury
11 September 2018
- What are strokes most commonly misdiagnosed as?
6 September 2018
- Sepsis causes intensive care unit patients’ premature deaths
30 August 2018