Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Civil Rights
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- International Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
Additional Practice Area
- Car Accidents
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Rhode Island
- Rhode Island State Bar
33 Questions Answered
- Q. I have been denied a gun purchase in the state of Rhode Island
- A: Well, there must be a reason for the denial. Did you ask? Have you had a BCI check run with the Department of Attorney General or a police department? I believe the governor has extended the waiting period for gun purchases. I suggest that you directly inquire why your request was denied. If you don't get an answer, you may want to consult an attorney for help.
- Q. Do out of state officers email people for questioning
- A: You should call and meet with a lawyer. This is not something you should blindly inquire about online. You will want an experienced criminal lawyer.
- Q. I got in an argument with my ex. He strangled me and upon trying to get him off I scratched him. I got arrested.
- A: You are right-- you need an attorney. I understand why you feel the way that you do. But the fact is you have been charged. The police are often trained to look at the people involved in a domestic dispute. When there is visible evidence of injury, the police are required to charge someone. You are going to need an experienced attorney, and to make arrangements with your employer when it is time to go to court. Your lawyer may be able to assist with that. I encourage you to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible, and suggest that you not post any additional details online. I hope you find this answer helpful. Good luck.
Contact & Map