Free Consultation: (760) 324-3800Tap to Call This Lawyer
Thomas A. Grossman

Thomas A. Grossman

Thomas A. Grossman, Attorney at Law, currently practicing in the Coachella Valle
  • Business Law, Real Estate Law, Personal Injury
  • California, California
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII BronzeSocial Media

Born in Wisconsin, raised in L.A., moved to the Desert in 1977. 39 year experience in civil litigation, contract law, real estate (licensed broker), personal injury, alternative dispute resolution (Mediations and Arbitrations) and more. Active hiker, swimmer and singer.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
  • Lemon Law
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • General Civil
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
    Up to half hour free consultation, if I can help you. More time if warranted.
  • Contingent Fees
    I will take certain cases on a contingency, mostly personal injury or other injury cases.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    $300/hr. Free phone consultation up to 20 minutes.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
9th Circuit
  • English
Professional Experience
Thomas A Grossman Law Offices
- Current
Self-Employed owner of Law Practice
Thomas A. Grossman, Professional Law Corporation
- Current
Mr. Grossman has operated his law practice and mediation service (Desert ADR) by way of his professional law corporation, since 1994. He has handled a variety of personal injury, business, HOA, and real estate matters, as well as several cases of wrongful use of image in high profile body builder and model cases. He also handles credit issues, and forms corporations, partnerships and LLCs. Mr. Grossman now spends most of his time operating Desert ADR, a full service dsipute resolution service serving Riverside County, Califonria, and the Desert, since 2002.
Owner, Attorney, Mediator & Arbitrator
Desert ADR
Thomas A. Grossman, Esq., along with Judge Robert G. Taylor, Ret., has owned and operated Desert ADR, an alternative Dispute Resolution Service located in the Desert area (Coachella Valley) of Riverside County, California, since 2002. Now solely owned and operated by Mr. Grossman, we offer four experienced mediators and arbitrators, including Judge Taylor, Ret. and Mr. Grossman. We handled a variety of matters, including personal injury, real estate and business matters, HOA disputes, divorce and family law cases, insurance claims, employment matters, probate and other civil disputes. Mr. Grossman now on his own, and still handles mediations and arbitrations, as well as business matters, real estate issues, personal injury, corporate, credit issues, and othe civil matters. I welcome your inquiries.
Pepperdine University School of Law
Certificate of Completion (2005) | Mediation Seminar (35 hours)
Southwestern University School of Law
J.D. (1977) | General Law, Personal Injury, intellectual property
Now in private practice in areas of Arbitration and Mediation; Real Estate Law; Business Law; Personal Injury and Police Misconduct
Honors: Past Member Warren E. Slaughter Inns of Court, Palm Springs, CA.
Activities: Judge Pro Tem for settlement conferences and mediations for Indio Superior Court District; Judge Pro Tem for Mandatory mediations for Riverside County Mediation Program 1990-2013
University of California - Los Angeles
B.A. (1967) | English Literature
Honors: Pledge Scholar 1966
University of California - Los Angeles
B.A. (1967) | English Literature
Received the Distinguished "Bird Award" from the Desert Bar Association.
Desert Bar Association
I have been a member of the Desert Bar Association for 40 years. I have spoken at the "Bird Awards" dinner on numerous occasions, and have received the Award on 3 occasions. It is an award only given out by the Desert Bar Association to attorneys who have donated time to various DBA related events.
Professional Associations
Desert Bar Association
Arbitrator, Fee Dispute Resolution Program
- Current
Activities: Handle arbitrations of fee disputes betweeen local attorneys and their clients. I have arbitrated 35+ cases, and wrote the Opinion Letter on non-refundable attorney fees, that is circulated to all Arbitrators in the Program with each new Arbitration.
California State Bar # 71052
- Current
American Association of Justice
Activities: Active Member
Riverside Superior Court, Indio Branch
Judge Pro Tem
Activities: Acted as Judge Pro Tem for the Superior Court (Indio Branch) handling Settlement conferences and Court Mediations.
Articles & Publications
Legally Speaking
California Supreme Court
All California Courts & Fedearl District Court
LIcensed Real Estate Broker
California Department of Real Estate
LIfetime Teaching Credential
California Community Colleges, since 1989
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
322 Questions Answered

Q. Hello, what type of document would be necessary for a lawyer to oppose conservatorship in CA law
A: Your question is somewhat confusing, but I will try to sort it out. I am assuming that you are looking for a lawyer to oppose a conservatorship (or a conservatorship proceeding). If the person in question still has his/her faculties, and does not appear to need a conservatorship, then it would probably be denied in a Court hearing. Since I don't know what shape the person is in mentally, I can only guess what a judge would rule in a conservatorship hearing. I don't know who is opposing the conservatorship or why, so that is about all I can tell you. The "document" you refer to would probably end up being an Order from the Probate Court either granting the Conservatorship, or denying it. You might want to look up the nearest Superior Court in Los Angeles (or a satellite court in Santa Monica) and find helpful information on Conservatorships on the Court's Website.
Q. A Sacramento attorney has filed a judgment against me claiming I owe him $22,000 for services rendered in 2012.
A: I don't know where you live, but most courts in Riverside County (where I live) require that an attorney must first must first mediate the issue of fees in a mediation or arbitration. If the County where you live follows this rule, then you should bring it up in Court if you haven't already done so. If the attorney cannot prove his time working on your case, or if he never signed a fee agreement with you, I think you have good cause to fight the matter. Attorneys that don't document their files have the obligation to prove the work that they did, with invoices
Q. Job offer
A: You are technically obligated on your contract(s) (which I have not seen), so it simply depends on how nice they are. Since you haven't started work yet, that is in your favor. But your change of mind on the new job will not be pleasing to the existing employer. You may not pass all the requirements anyway. And your existing employer may have more jobs than he needs.
Q. Can a Condominium complex charge me a late fee for a parking permit when there was no notice of late fee charge?
A: From my experienced as a lawyer, and living in a condo complex for 40 years, it seems that HOAs can do whatever they like. The Board is always supposed to give Notice of any change in the rules to all members of the HOA. You are lucky, as your dispute is (for now) only over a $20 late fee. I would avoid the hassle of a fight with the Board and simply pay the late fee.
Q. How can I register a car that requires bill of sale which I don't have, besides pink slip which I do have?
A: I don't think you need to call the Police. I think you need to contact the closest DMV office, explain the problem, and see if they have a form that you can sign.
Q. If a dealership forgets to charge your down payment and you signed the contract already do you need to pay them?
A: You might want to check to see if the dollars added up. They may have included the $2,000 down payment in the total price of the car, without noting it in the paperwork.
Q. As a owner of a private business,Can the side walk venders set up on my property?
A: It is my understanding that sidewalks in front of stores are open to the public. However, if someone is operating a business right in front of your business, and is blocking the sidewalk or simply being annoying, I think you can report it to the City or even call an officer to remove the offending business.
Q. Can duties & tariff be added 5-months after the shipment arrived at US port and merchandise sold.
A: I assume there was a shipping receipt or written contract somewhere in this transaction. Reading the contract may answer your question. Transfer of title is a very complicated subject. I would seek help from a Maritime attorney in your area.
Q. Can I sue for the emotional distress of a four year affair in which I was lead to believe she’d leave her husband
A: Your first mistake was having an affair with a married man. Morally you are at fault for all of your problems. I am sorry you are going through all of this, but I don't think justice is on your side here.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
1415 N. Sunrise Way, Unit 41
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Telephone: (760) 324-3800
Fax: (800) 648-3601