My practice is limited primarily to two areas, driver's license reinstatement and worker's compensation/personal injury. My background affords you a unique perspective.
For 15 years, I heard driver's license cases as a contractual hearing officer for the Secretary of State (DMV). I previously represented insurance companies defending worker's compensation and personal injury cases. These experiences have provided me with the opportunity to understand how the opposing side thinks and operates.
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
Initial telephone consultation with experienced and knowledgeable staff. I will follow up.
- Credit Cards Accepted
VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover and Electronic Checks.
- Contingent Fees
For worker's compensation and personal injury matters.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
For driver's license hearings, partial payment with balance not due until day of hearing, affording you the opportunity to budget your fees.
- Harvatin Law Offices PC
- - Current
- I began practicing law in Springfield Illinois in 1981. In 2000, my partner became a judge, and I have been solo since that time. I formerly took on virtually any case. But the law has now grown too complicated for me to be "all things to all people". As a result, I limit my practice to a few areas, and I know the law in those areas quite well.
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- J.D. / Law
- Knox College
- B.A. / Ecnomics and Business
- Honors: Honors: Cum Laude Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Mensa Society
- Membership in Mensa is open to persons who have attained a score within the upper two percent of the general population on an approved intelligence test that has been properly administered and supervised. There is no other qualification or disqualification for membership eligibility.
- Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association
- - Current
- Activities: Statewide organization whose members, through the courts, public opinion and the elective process, advance the interests of injury victims.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- - Current
- Activities: Association of Illinois lawyers who work to improve the legal process.
- Sangamon County Bar Association
- - Current
- Activities: Springfield is the seat of government for Sangamon County. Abraham Lincoln practiced law here. The Association strives to carry on the traditions of Lincoln to improve the delivery of legal services to our community.
- Theodore J. Harvatin's Website Profile
- Harvatin Law Offices PC Website
- Illinois DUI Lawyer Blawg
- Washington Supreme Court Holds Refusal of Field Sobriety Tests Can Be Introduced as Evidence of Defendant’s Guilt
8 July 2016
- Supreme Court Holds Fourth Amendment Permits Warrantless Breath Tests, But Not Warrantless Blood Tests
1 July 2016
- Illinois Appeals Court Upholds DUI Defendant’s Summary Suspension Despite Hearing Delay
2 June 2016
- Arizona Supreme Court Holds That Officer’s Assertion of Lawful Authority to Search Does Not Negate Totality of the Circumstances Test
7 May 2016
- New Mexico Governor Announces Program to Monitor DUI Cases
2 May 2016
- Florida Judge Upholds Defendant’s 33-Year Sentence for DUI Manslaughter
6 April 2016
- The Seventh Circuit Favors Illinois’ Hands-Free Statute Over Indiana’s No-Texting Statute
1 April 2016
- Illinois Appeals Court Holds Guilty Plea Waives Non-Jurisdictional Defects
8 March 2016
- Illinois Appellate Court Holds Reasonable Suspicion Justifies Traffic Stop
1 March 2016