Terence earned his undergraduate degree from the Pennsylvania State University in 1998. Terry began his legal career soon after garduating from Penn State. His professional experiences prior to and during law school include positions as a trial technology technician at a national litigation support firm in Washington D.C, as a paralegal for a Philadelphia defense firm, as a paralegal for staff counsel for one the largest insurers in North America, and as a law clerk at a Plaintiff’s firm in Chester County.
While working full time as a paralegal, he attended the Widener University, School of Law, where he earned a Certificate of Achievement in Constitutional Law and several Deans List honors. After graduating from law school in 2006, he gained experience at a Plaintiff’s firm in Chester County handling a variety of cases, including criminal, personal injury, consumer advocacy and home owner assistance.
Before starting his own practice, Terry primarily represented defendants at large insurance defense firm from 2007 through 2009. His practice then focused on premises, motor vehicle, product and construction defect liability matters.
Terry is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and the United States District Court of New Jersey. He is a member of the Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Chester County Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Young Lawyers Division and the Civil Litigation Section of the Chester County Bar Association.
While a lawyer can never guarantee the outcome of any case, I promise that my clients will have the full extent of the required knowledge in order to make an informed decision about their case. Even minor convictions can result in consequences that affect an individual's rights to vote, work, or maintain other qualities of life. Likewise, minor accidents affect an individual’s ability to perform even the smallest mundane tasks. That's why I make sure to educate clients on all of the factors involved in each case. I am committed to a thorough and aggressive approach that is best for my clients and their families.
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Consumer Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- General Civil
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Competitive hourly rate.
- New Jersey
- Margolis Edsetein
- Primarily represented defendants in large insurance defense firm; Practice focused on premises, motor vehicle, product and construction defect liability matters; Corresponded with clients to provide opinions for the best approach to attain objectives; Researched case law and applicable statutes; Drafted pleadings, motions, memorandums, briefs, summaries, expert witness and client letters; Generated case budgets; Conducted depositions, sworn statements and site inspections; Advocated for clients at hearings, conferences, arbitrations and jury trials.
- The Altman Lawfirm, LLC
- General practitioner in small firm with emphasis in litigation, commercial real estate, contract,professional liability, and consumer advocacy; Initiated law office management and billing program; Created file handling and organization protocols; Began with this practice as a law clerk in June 2005, and then as an attorney upon admission to the PA Bar; Assisted lead attorney at trial in several Chester County matters.
- Zurich Insurance
- Served primary support role in defense of PA workers' compensation and insurance liability litigation for in-house counsel to Zurich North America Insurance; Organized file materials and computer databases; Assisted in attorney calendar control; Implemented spreadsheets for accurate calculation of adjusted benefit entitlements; Accountable for all records retrieval, tracking and production.
- Anderson Tobin PLLC
- Performed paralegal duties in the workers' compensation and personal injury liability defense departments of the firm; Duties included legal research, file maintenance, deposition preparation, records retrieval, pleading drafting, medical summaries and attorney calendar maintenance.
- Trial Technology Technician
- FTI Consulting, Inc.
- Specialized in technical support for courtroom evidence presentation.
- Widener University Delaware School of Law
- Honors: Certificate of Achievment: Constitutional Law Dean's List