Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Reviewed by Gbenga Longe March 20, 2019
I've known Tatiana for several years now, while I was working as Prosecutor and now as a Criminal Defense Attorney. Tatiana is highly skilled in advocating for her clients and she carefully analyzes her clients' cases to determine the best course of action.
Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Real Estate Law
- Traffic Tickets
20 minute free consultation - flat fees, hourly rate is $250/hour, some work done on contingency & payment plans are an option
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 7th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Polish: Spoken, Written
- Law Office of Tatiana D. Czaplicki, PC
- - Current
- Kolpak & Lerner
- I have extensive experience in real estate, land use and development. I have conducted hundreds of residential and commercial real estate closings in addition to having presented several matters in front of the City Council regarding zoning and land use issues. Past experience includes the successful negotiation and drafting of several high end commercial and residential leases and contracts. And, while with Kolpak & Lerner, I helped win the zoning change for a large local planned development and shopping center. Extensive contacts within the real estate community make for effective networking for both residential and commercial real estate needs.
- Assistant State's Attorney
- Cook County States Attorney's Office
- A former prosecutor with the Cook County States Attorneys Office, Igained extensive courtroom experience prosecuting thousands of cases involving both property offenses and violent crimes in a variety of assignments, both civil and criminal. My trial experience includes well over one hundred bench trials and five jury trials to verdict. In my tenure at the Cook County States Attorneys Office, I conducted hundreds of felony preliminary hearings and prepared cases for indictment. In addition, I have extensive knowledge of and first hand experience within the criminal court system and with law enforcement agencies. Mys experience in these environments gives me an edge in defending criminal defendants.
- DePaul College of Law
- Certificate of Professional Achievement in Mediation | Mediation
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- J.D. | Litigation
- DePaul University
- B.A. | History & Philosophy
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Advocate’s Society
- Women’s Criminal Defense Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New American’s Initiative through the World Relief Organization – Immigration Workshops
- Legal Staff
- Activities: Assist legal permanent residents who are eligible for petitioning for US citizenship in determining whether they are eligible to do so. The workshops follow the applicant from application, to fingerprinting, photographs and whatever else is necessary to complete the petition for Citizenship.
- Chicago Sun Times Abraham Lincoln Marovitz Lend-A-Hand Program
- - Current
- Activities: Comprised of tutor/mentor programs that focus not simply on homework but on building one-on-one relationships between children and adults that will help end the cycle of poverty.
- 18th District Chicago Police Department CAPS Juvenile Diversion Program (Peer Jury)
- Peer Moderator
- - Current
- Activities: Young offenders appear for hearings in teen court find the lawyer, prosecutor, and jury members are all teenagers. The judge or judges may be young, and teenagers may manage much of what happens in the courtroom. Young offenders rarely get off with a warning in teen court—almost every case ends with some type of sanction or penality. Defendants may be required to repair vandalized property, replace stolen goods, perform community service, or write apology letters to their victims and/or parents. Some may have to return to teen court to serve on juries.
- Certificate in Mediation
- DePaul University College of Law - Center for Dispute Resolution
Contact & Map