Suzanne King NusbaumArbitrator, Mediator, Settlement Judge
- Arbitration & Mediation, Business Law, Employment Law ...
- California, Maine, Massachusetts
Judge Suzanne K. Nusbaum (Ret.) brings a wealth of experience to her ADR practice.
A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, with specialized expertise in commercial contract, employment, health care, real estate and intellectual property matters, she serves on many ADR panels, including the American Arbitration Association's National Roster of Arbitrators and Mediators, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), Arts Arbitration and Mediation Services (AAMS), the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA), Kaiser Permanente, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Judge Nusbaum arbitrates and mediates legal fee disputes for the State Bar of California and the Santa Clara County Bar Association.
Judge Nusbaum mediates and evaluates for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and serves as a Settlement Neutral, Mediator, Arbitrator and Early Neutral Evaluator for the California Superior Court in Santa Clara County.
She volunteers as a Judge for the Chinese National Rounds of the Jessup International Moot Court Competition, the Giles Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court and as a Judge and Arbitrator for the William C. Vis (East) and (West) International Commercial Arbitration Moots.
Her specialties of commercial contract, employment, health care, real estate and intellectual property law are founded on a broad base of civil and criminal law experience. In her decade and a half as an Administrative Law Judge, she presided over many complex medical and employment disputes, at both the trial and appellate levels. Her judicial excellence has been acknowledged by public nomination, confirmation and reappointment in two states. Prior to the bench, she managed a private law practice, ran a title insurance agency and served as a stateÃÃÂ¢s attorney prosecuting criminal cases.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Health Care Law
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Practice limited to arbitration and mediation as a neutral. For fee information, call 408-399-2688.
- 9th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- Smith Coll
- Undergraduate Degree
- Boston Univ School of Law
- Law Degree
- Santa Clara University
- LL.M. | Intellectual Property Law
- Intellectual Property Owners' Ass'n (IPO)
- ADR Committee Chair
- - Current
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- IP Section ADR Committee Chair
- - Current
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Northern California Chapter Chair
- - Current
- California State Bar  # 217968
- - Current
- Charterd Institute of Arbitrators
- Suzanne Nusbaum's Blog
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.