Susan HansenHansen & Hildebrand, S.C.; Family Mediation Center
- Family Law, Divorce
Susan Hansen focuses her practice on collaborative divorce and mediation with self-represented parties. She has extensive experience in both complex financial and child-related family issues. Her approach emphasizes working closely with clients for creative problem-solving and uses an interdisciplinary process to provide the greatest value and long-term benefits to clients. Susan has held leadership positions, including past president of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. She has frequently presented on family law topics to lawyers, judges, and mental health and financial professionals. She has provided mediation and collaborative practice training nationally and internationally, most recently in Florence, Italy. Susan has consistently been named in Milwaukee's best divorce lawyers by Super Lawyers, Milwaukee Magazine, US News and World Reports, M Magazine, and received an AV Preeminent Bar and Judicial Rating by Martindale Hubble for Highest Level of Professional Excellence and Ethics. Susan is co-founder if the Family Mediation Center to expand education and process options for self-represented couples. FMC utilizes an interdisciplinary mediation approach including lawyer mediators and child and financial specialists to assist couples in creating family-centered agreements and navigating the court process. For more information, visit www.h-hlaw.com and www.familymediationcenter.org
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
I provide a no-charge telephone consultation to help potential clients understand their legal process choices and weigh options for next steps.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I provide both full and limited scope representation for individuals as well as mediation services for couples. Client's legal needs and fees are discussed at the initial consultation and throughout the duration of representation.
- Marquette University Law School
- J.D. (1981) | Law
- Honors: Academic Award for Family Law
- Listed as Super Lawyer; Top 25 Women Lawyers in Wisconsin
- Super Lawyers
- List as a Super Lawyer since inception of the awards.
- Best Family Lawyer; Best Mediator
- Best Lawyers-US News and World Reports
- AV Preeminent; Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- Martindale Hubbell
- Received for multiple years. Also received highest rating from the Judiciary.
- State Bar of Wisconsin  # 1014798
- Internation Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- How Mediation is Changing Family Law
- Best Lawyers
- Consider a Mediator Over a DIY Divorce
- Super Lawyers
- Co-presenter, Compassionate Family Court Systems: The Role of Trauma-Informed Jurisprudence, Washington DC
- Co-presented with Judge Michael J. Dwyer, presiding judge of Family Division and Dr. Casey Holtz, child and family psychologist
- Trainer, Interdisciplinary Family Mediation, Milwaukee, WI
- Family Mediation Center
- Four day mediation training focused on mediating with self-represented parties.
- Collaborative Practice Trainer, Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training, Florence, Italy
- I was part of a training team that presented a 3 day training to Italian lawyers,financial specialists and mental health professionals.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.