Free Consultation: (973) 567-0954Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stuart Nachbar

Stuart Nachbar

Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
  • Bankruptcy, Collections, Criminal Law
  • New Jersey, New York
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII BronzeSocial Media

For a free initial consultation on your Bankruptcy needs
Call Stuart today at (973) 567-0954

I have been representing clients of all types for the past 22 years. We specialize in assisting persons in financial hardship by filing for Bankruptcy in Chapter 7, 11 or 13. We even do loan modifications to help you save your home from Foreclosure. In addition, I have worked on behalf of my own son and numerous others who have a disability, to make sure that they get the proper education. I am ready to assist you, with my 22 years of legal/mediation and trial experience. Let the Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar help you.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Collections
  • Criminal Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Special Needs Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    For personal injury cases, I do handle contingent fees as well as collection work.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
New York
2nd Circuit
3rd Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
US Tax Court
  • English
Professional Experience
Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
- Current
Investigator and Committee Member
Office of Attorney Ethics Supreme Court of New Jersey - District V-B
Middlebrooks Shapiro & Nachbar, P.C.
Partner in a Bankruptcy law Firm specializing in Chapter 7, 13 and handling Chapter 11 work.
Senior Trial Counsel
Law Office of Sal Greenman
Senior Trial Attorney
Law Office of Chet Preston
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
J.D. (1994)
State University of New York - Albany
B.S. | Political Science and History
Best Attorney-At-Law 2017
Superior Officers' Association
Outstanding Citizen
Superior Officers' Association
New Jersey Top Rated Lawyers of 2015
Legal Leaders
New Jersey's Top Rated Lawyers of 2014
Legal Leaders
Top Lawyers in New Jersey
The Legal Network
AV Preeminet
Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
Top Lawyers in New Jersey
The Legal Network
Client Distinction Award
Martindale-Hubbell and
Recognized for Excellence, Quality of Service, Overall Value, Responsiveness and Communication Ability
Professional Associations
Morris Essex Small Firm Network
- Current
Federal Bar Association
- Current
Veteran's Chamber of Commerce-NJ
General Counsel
Bankruptcy Inns of Court
Articles & Publications
Bringing a Positive Mindset to Bankruptcy
Bloomberg Businessweek, Money Magazing and Fortune Magazine
Speaking Engagements
Advocating For Special Services and Education, Passe 2015 Vendor Fair
Adelphi University
Legal Answers
386 Questions Answered

Q. is social security counted as disposible income in a chapter 13 bankruptcy
A: Usually it is not included in CMI but that is a jurisdictional issue, so contact counsel in your state
Q. I just received NJ violation it was at an intersection that was not clearly marked.How likely can I fight it
A: Yes you can fight it, but I would not go it alone. Be smart and get counsel to assist you
Q. Hi, My fiance was driving my car which is registered and insured under my name. An officer pulled us over
A: You definitely need to get Counsel to sort out this mess. I am not sure why you were pulled over unless there was something amiss with the traffic stop. Please seek out counsel to assist in this matter.
Q. My child was absent 18.5 days what should happen now if I have court about this metter
A: Student absenteeism can lead to low academic achievement, dropping out of school, delinquency and gang involvement. School districts that have established multi-systemic approaches and policies pertaining to student absenteeism typically experience fewer numbers of dropouts and a greater number of graduates. The compulsory education law (N.J.S.A. 18A:38-28 through 31) requires all children between the ages of 6-16 to attend school. The attendance regulations (N.J.A.C. 6A:16-7.6), require each district board of education to develop, adopt and implement policies and procedures regarding the attendance of students, including the adoption of a definition of "unexcused absence" that counts towards truancy. While the regulations allow for the parent to be referred to municipal court for a truant child, consideration should be made to refer or coordinate with a community-based social and health provider agency, other community resource, or the juvenile/family crisis intervention unit (FCIU). For more information contact the FCIU in your area. Guidance for Reporting Student Attendance for Chronic Absenteeism This guidance clarifies policies and expectations for reporting student membership and attendance data in NJ SMART and the methodology for measuring chronic absenteeism. Districts should review their locally-developed attendance data collection system or work with their Student Information System (SIS) vendors to make sure they are in compliance with attendance reporting requirements as outlined in this guidance. Guidance for Reporting Student Absences and Calculating Chronic Absenteeism (Revised May 2018) Strategies for Addressing Chronic Absenteeism To support schools' efforts to combat chronic absenteeism the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE) has developed the following document to provide schools and districts with proactive ideas and strategies to engage educators, families and the community in an effort to improve student attendance. Getting Students to School: Strategies for Improving Attendance and Reducing Chronic Absenteeism (Released May 2018)
Q. When you get your chp.7 bankruptcy discharge order does that end the automatic stay?
A: Yes, technically the automatic stay dissolves on the issuance of the Discharge Order, but the injunctive nature of the Discharges kicks in with relation to any pre-petition debts.
Q. I filed chpt.7 but my automatic stay was removed by the bank, if i convert to a chpt13 do i get a new automatic stay,
A: While I agree with the other two answers, it also depends on how the original order lifting the stay was written. The Order could state that the Order survives any conversion. Please seek out counsel in your jurisdiction if you do not already have counsel working on your case.
Q. Im late in filing the last credit councelling certificate in my Chapt. 7, will I still get a discharge if it was due
A: First of all speak with your counsel if you have one. If you do not, find out if the case is closed. If not try filing same. If it is closed without Discharge for Failure to File the Debtor Education Course, you will need to make a Motion to Reopen to allow the filing of same.
Q. Is there a lawyer who can help me apply for c7 or c13 I don’t have that kind of money but can pay in installments.
A: If you are filing for Chapter 13, then you could put Counsel fees through your Chapter 13 Plan. If you are filing for Chapter 7, fees need to be paid before filing so as to not run afoul of the automatic stay of 11 USC 362
Q. what does a lawyer do
A: I am not really sure what you are asking, but since you posted in the Bankruptcy section, we meet with clients, prepare Petitions, attend 341(a) Meetings, appear on all Court matters including confirmation hearings, and motion hearings and handle bankruptcy litigation when Creditors oppose a Discharge
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Attorney at law
354 Eisenhower Parkway
Plaza 1, Suite 2025
Livingston, NJ 07039
Telephone: (973) 567-0954
Fax: (973) 629-1294
Telephone: (973) 200-4888