Free Consultation: (412) 381-6626Tap to Call This Lawyer
Steven Robert Tabano

Steven Robert Tabano

Pittsburgh Divorce and Family Law Attorneys
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Pennsylvania
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg SearchSocial Media

Attorney Tabano is a litigator whose practice concentrates on Family Law. He is a skilled negotiator who knows his way around the courtroom. For almost 20 years he has handled hundreds of difficult cases involving divorce, equitable distribution, child custody, protection from abuse and support. Attorney Steve Tabano has argued numerous cases before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. He also has many years of experience in Pennsylvania’s criminal courts having tried numerous jury trials including client’s charged with homicide and white-collar crimes.

Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Steven R. Tabano & Associates
- Current
certified legal intern
Allegheny County District Attorney's Office
Duquesne University
Duquesne University Logo
Allegheny College
Placeholder image for education.
Best Divorce Lawyers in Pittsburgh
Rating: Excellent
Websites & Blogs
Pittsburgh Divorce Lawyer
Steven R. Tabano and Associates
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. i am planning to relocate to fl with my family in 6 weeks but but my 14 yr old daughter's dad is not being coropitive
A: You must file a Petition for Relocation and follow the appropriate rules before you move or you could be forced to return to Pennsylvania with your daughter. You should immediately contact an attorney in your area to discuss this matter.
Q. I'm currently pregnant and still with my boyfriend. Can I get custody of our daughter even if we're still dating?
A: Your marital status has nothing to do with either custody or child support. However, neither a custody or support case can begin until after the child is born. A father has an obligation to support his children and also has the right to custody time with the child (although this is usually very limited in cases involving newborns). The fact that you make more money than him doesn't matter. He still has an obligation to support all of his children. The court will use a formula (guidelines) which takes into account his existing child support obligation for his son and determine how much he should have to pay you.
Q. My mom has raised my daughter for 2 years but has no custody. Can I get her back? She won't let me see her at all.
A: Since your mother has had physical custody of your daughter for so long she now had legal "standing" regarding her custody. In other words, she is now involved and part of your custody case. You would need to file a complaint for custody naming both her and the father as a parties. You can also ask the court to start giving you some time with your daughter while the case works its way through the court. Please remember, if your mother has been raising your daughter for so long it is not good for her to suddenly change this arrangement. Children need stability in their lives and you have obviously not provided that since your mother has been raising your daughter. However, you should continue to try your best to be a good mother and in time you will get her back in your life. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Telephone: (412) 381-6626
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.