Free Consultation: (971) 930-4716Tap to Call This Lawyer
Steven Leskin

Steven Leskin Justia Connect Pro Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

Leskin Law's One Day Divorce Mediation
  • Arbitration & Mediation, Divorce, Family Law
  • Oregon
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

When you were married, you never expected that your vows would land you in divorce court. You expected fulfillment from and for your spouse for a lifetime. Instead, you have ended up in court, paying lawyers potentially tens of thousands of dollars and a lifetime of hostility for your now former life partner. I concluded that there MUST be a better way to dissolve a marriage.

One Day Divorce Mediation was born from my desire to do something positive for my clients. Too often, the process of divorce itself is destructive. I wanted to create a better way. One Day Divorce is my answer to the costly, stressful, and uncertainty connected to a traditional litigated divorce.

The promise of One Day Divorce Mediation, available through Leskin Law & Mediation, is that parties will know exactly when their divorce will be final. They will know exactly how much it will cost. They will not be in an adversarial posture with their spouse. The One Day Divorce process relies on mediation and binding arbitration to insure both fairness throughout the process, efficiency and cost savings.

In traditional litigation, you will be required to mediate your case with your spouse. The courts require this. You can spend $10,000 (per spouse) to get your case ready for mediation, have the mediation and find yourself still going to court when you and your spouse cannot agree. Or, you can skip the expense, and go through a One Day Divorce, and mediate with certainty that your case will be resolved without going to court.

Practice Areas
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
    Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Child Custody, Child Support, Same Sex Family Law
Video Conferencing
  • Google Meet
  • Zoom
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Free Consultation
    Up to one hour fee consultation for One Day Divorce Mediation potential clients.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    All divorce mediations are handled on a flat fee basis. We pay all the costs. There are no additional fees (unless a specialist attorney is needed to divide retirement assets.)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oregon State Bar
ID Number: 923727
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Leskin Law's One Day Divorce Mediation
- Current
Your divorce will be done in one day. We file all the court documents, and pay all the court fees. One set fee covers everything.
Attorney at Law
Pacific Cascade Family Law
Divorce litigator in Portland, Oregon.
Attorney at Law
Steven Leskin, P.C.
Litigation attorney in Portland Oregon specializing in Personal Injury, Social Security Disability, and Family Law.
Municipal Judge
Municipal Court of North Plains
Presided over consolidated municipal courts in North Plans and Banks, Oregon. Conducted arraignments, pre trial conferences and trials. Improved customer service and public outreach.
Lewis & Clark Law School
J.D. (1992) | Law
Lewis & Clark Law School Logo
Claremont Consortium of Colleges - Pitzer College
B.A. (1984) | Philosophy
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar  # 923727
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oregon Mediation Association
- Current
Activities: Sit on Standards and Practices Committee to revise Code of Conduct.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Multnomah Bar Association
- Current
Activities: Sit on Solo and Small Firm Subcommittee to provide educational opportunities to small firm owners.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Academy of Professional Family Law Mediators
- Current
Activities: Attend continuing legal education courses
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oregon Women's Lawyers
- Current
Activities: Attend events
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Computer Coding
The Tech Academy
Port Management
University of Alaska
Websites & Blogs
One Day Divorce Mediation
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered
Q. My son's father pays child support because i gave child support all of his information on his place of employment. He c
A: I might suggest the following:

The child will become an adult at 18. At that point, your son can legally change his own name to whatever he would like. This option gives your son agency to make his own determination as to what he would like to be called independent of his fighting parents.

You can however find the form and additional information by searching Google for "Oregon Name Change Form." You will find the appropriate forms created by the Oregon Department of Justice, with instructions.
Q. Can I file a order of dismissal or a quashed order for improperly being served a motion to modify custody?
A: The Oregon Rules of Civil Procedure detail how any court document is supposed to be served. If a particular document is not served accordingly, you can assert an affirmative defense of improper service. In some cases, the requirements for service are very particular, and the court will dismiss an action based on this affirmative defense. On the other hand, if you assert the defense, that is prima facie evidence that you had actual notice of the issue, and the court will consider the defect minor and continue you on with the opposing party's motion.

It is not a quick fix.
Q. My lawyer admits, in "privileged" email, he failed to convey my offer.
A: I do not know that there is a right answer for this.

You might ask the attorney to write the judge directly and concede his error. He needs to do this sooner rather than later. He may be reluctant to do this if his error impacted your case.

Since there are statutory time constraints in an ORCP 68 proceeding, you will need to act quickly. You might also request your current attorney resign so you can write the judge directly yourself.

Good luck.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Leskin Law & Mediation
2100 NE Broadway
Suite 319B
Portland, OR 97232
Telephone: (971) 930-4716
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.