Stephen OpperwallLaw Offices of Stephen G. Opperwall
Stephen G. Opperwall has 40 years of experience representing clients in civil lawsuits.
In 1997, Mr. Opperwall was first designated a Certified Specialist in Creditors' Rights, a specialist designation that has been earned by only 8 attorneys in California.
In 2007, Mr. Opperwall was also named to the list of Super Lawyers of Northern California, a list that is reserved for the top 5% of attorneys.
Mr. Opperwall has been named to the Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an exclusive group of attorneys who have recovered $2,000,000 or more for at least one client, something which Mr. Opperwall has done multiple times. The Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum has only 4,000 members nationwide.
Mr. Opperwall has been named to the exclusive list of the Top 100 Bet-The-Company Litigators in commercial litigation, civil litigation, and high stakes litigation.
Mr. Opperwall has recovered many tens of millions of dollars for clients in the form of judgments, settlements, and recoveries, with multiple cases involving well in excess of $2,000,000.
Mr. Opperwall represents clients in civil litigation focusing on creditors' rights, and also including a range of other issues in business, commercial law, and bankruptcy.
Practice includes lawsuits involving creditors rights, debt collection, judgment enforcement, contracts, real property, fraud, secured transactions, bankruptcy, and other aspects of business law, commercial law, and bankruptcy law.
- Creditors' Rights
- Creditors' Rights and Remedies
- Judgment enforcement
- Security interest enforcement
- Bankruptcy (representing Creditors)
- Debt collection
- Civil litigation
- Commercial litigation
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Initial telephone consultation at no charge. Minimum retainer: $5,000 Minimum hourly rate: $395
- State Bar of California
- 9th Circuit
- California (U.S. District Courts)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Law Offices of Stephen G. Opperwall
- Santa Clara University School of Law
- J.D. (1981) | Law
- University of Oxford
- Legal Studies (1979) | Law
- Calvin University
- B.A. (1975) | Pre Law
- California Creditors Bar Association
- California State Bar  # 100057
- - Current
- United States Supreme Court -- Admitted to practice
- United States Supreme Court
- Super Lawyers of Northern California (in Creditors Rights, Bankruptcy, and Commercial Litigation)
- Super Lawyers of Northern California
- Certified Specialist in Creditors Rights
- American Board of Certification
- Top 100 Bet-The-Company Litigators
- Bet-The-Company Litigators
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum - Member
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.