Stephen Andrew Mosca is originally from Mount Vernon, New York. He graduated from the Academy of Aeronautics in 1979 and worked as a structural design engineer for various large aerospace companies for 20 years.
By 2002, with the Cold War having ended, the attacks of September 11th inspired Stephen to return to university to earn a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science at Armstrong Atlantic State University in Savannah, Georgia. This experience sparked an interest in law and in 2004, Stephen enrolled at Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, Florida, graduating in 2006.
From 2006 to 2008, Stephen worked as an Assistant Public Defender for the 4th Judicial Circuit in Jacksonville, Florida handling thousands of criminal cases. Stephen has experience in the juvenile, misdemeanor and felony courts. He has experience in misdemeanor and felony jury trials as well as bench trials and has won issues preserved for appeal. Since entereing private practice, Stephen has had success in civil trial cases and been trained in Foreclosure defense.
Stephen believes in a strong, comprehensive defense strategy for his clients. Where applicable, investigation and a strong motion practice is employed along with negotiation with opposing attorneys in order to maximize options before a client must choose whether or not to proceed to trial.
Stephen's technical and science background, combined with his life experience and legal education, represents a skill-set that is unique in the local legal community. Stephen believes strongly in the Constitution of the United States, in the presumption of innocence, and in the exercise of a strong defense on behalf of an accused citizen in their struggle against the awesome powers of the government.
For 20 years, Stephen defended the United States Constitution by helping to develop America's most advanced weapon systems. Now, he is working to defend your rights as granted by the same Constitution he has always sought to defend.
- Criminal Law
- Juvenile Law
- Federal District - Middle District of Florida
- Federal District Court - Northern District of Florida
- Assistant Public Defender
- Office of the Public Defender: Fourth Judicial Circuit, Florida
- I have practiced in the juvenile, misdemeanor, and felony courts of Duval county. As such, I have litigated almost every type of crime, from attempted murder to petit theft and everything in between. I have trial experience in all three divisions. Carrying a constant case load of approximately 100 clients has taught me to spot issues quickly and effectively, how to best negotiate with prosecutors, and how to use motions to best leverage the facts of a case to my client's advantage. I was also sent to a two week comprehensive trial practice seminar, and to specialized DUI defense training. In private practice I have attended specialized foreclosure defense training as well as Federal District Court training.
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Dean's List Pro-Bono Honors
- University System of Georgia - Armstrong Atlantic State University
- B.A. | Political Science
- Writing Center
- Honors: Winner of Lillian Spencer writing award Winner of University Writing Contest Graduated with 4.0 GPA Graduated Cum Laude
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Past President/Member
- - Current