Free Consultation: (212) 393-9130Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stephanie E. Emanuel
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
Review This Lawyer
Q&AResponsive Law
Practice Areas
Family Law
Domestic Violence
Civil Rights
Immigration Law
Criminal Law
Employment Law
Foreclosure Defense
Intellectual Property
International Law
Landlord Tenant
Real Estate Law
Tax Law
Traffic Tickets
White Collar Crime
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Professional Associations
State Bar of New York  # 4946166
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
73 Questions Answered
Q. How much does it cost to send a legal notice in India?
A: Is this a personal matter or business? Are both parties US Citizens? How was the money given, and for what purpose? Is the litigation going to be handled in the USA or India? There are more questions to ask. However, generally speaking, a Demand Letter might be the first step in the process. Please contact an attorney directly to go over your situation in detail.

Thank you,

Ahsan A Syed, PSC //

Attorney Stephanie Emanuel
Q. I just have a question. Im currently going through a divorce my first court date is next month.
A: Your situation is not clear. It appears that you are representing yourself in court. Family Law is all about he - say, she - say environment, where the expertise of an attorney will be used to provide bases to such claims. Alimony and Child Support has to have merit in order to be granted under the law. You can benefit from retaining an attorney. Many attorneys including myself, do offer affordable pricing as well as payment plans. An uncontested divorce where both parties agree will cost around $1,500 to $3,000+ while Contested Divorce where both parties do not agree to cooperate and come to terms, will most likely incur expenses of $3,500+. If you are unemployed or facing financial difficulties, you may be provided an attorney at the court's expense. You would have to incur with the court-clerk about Court Appointed Attorneys. If you would like to speak to an attorney directly, many offer a free consultation and I also provide free general consultation over the phone. Do not hesitate to reach out. ... Read More
Q. I just received court documents from my son mother for child support, my son currently reside in Jamaica.
A: How much is your income and child support? Do you want to pay it or terminate it? We can help you stop child support and stuff. Please call to provide us more details on the case.

Please keep in mind that not all lawyers are the same, therefore be very cautious as to which attorney or law firm you chose to work with. We are based in New York but my network of SMS ATTORNEYS does travel out of state for clients. Feel free to give us a call for a free consultation. If you're facing financial hardship, one option may be to speak with the court clerk about a court-appointed lawyer, known as a Pro Bono, or free lawyer. If you would like to retain our services while on a limited budget, do let us know and we will try to do our best to offer payment plans options. Above answer and comments to questions are for general purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or establish an attorney-client relationship with SMS ATTORNEYS without a signed retainer. Thank You. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
881 Gerard Ave.
Suite 200
Bronx, NY 10452
Telephone: (212) 393-9130
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.