Stephan Shattuck, Esq. is a New York attorney who represents clients in divorce and family court proceedings. Appearing regularly in court throughout all the Boroughs of New York City and Westchester, Mr. Shattuck is experienced in both litigating cases and reaching favorable outcomes through negotiation.
Mr. Shattuck handles all phases of the divorce process, and is knowledgeable in the legal nuances of “equitable distribution” (i.e. property and debt division) as well as “maintenance” (often called alimony or spousal support). Mr. Shattuck also is experienced in representing clients in matters of child custody and visitation, including enforcement actions and relocation cases.
In addition to family law, Mr. Shattuck represents clients charged in criminal court, as well as, actions filed against them by Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) in the family court. In such cases, clients are guided through the process with an eye towards achieving the best result.
Previous to opening his own practice, Mr. Shattuck oversaw the entire family law department at a midsize law firm in the Financial District. Before that he was an associate attorney at a Queens boutique law firm focused on providing quality representation in divorce and family law matters.
Mr. Shattuck first became interested in family law while studying at the University of Baltimore School of Law where he participated in the school's Family Law Clinic. Later this dedication to family law carried over after he was licensed to working in the New York City Family Court Volunteer Attorney Program in 2016.
Mr. Shattuck is a caring and passionate attorney who believes in the client-centered lawyering approach in order to provide his clients personalized representation and exceptional legal advice.
- Family Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- New York
- Managing Attorney
- Shattuck LLC
- - Current
- Associate Attorney
- Lebedin Kofman LLP
- Appeared daily for court appearances in New York Criminal Courts representing defendants charged with violations, misdemeanors, and felonies. Represented clients in New York Supreme and Family Courts on issues of divorce, custody, child support, domestic violence, and post judgment proceedings.
- Associate Attorney
- Richardson Legal PLLC
- Represented clients in all phases of family law and matrimonial proceedings. Prepared for and regularly appeared in court for trials, hearings, and court conferences. Drafted pleadings, motions, and complex agreements. Negotiated settlements to favorably resolve cases.
- Volunteer Attorney
- New York City Family Court
- Provided legal advice to unrepresented litigants in the Family Court in New York on issues of child support, paternity, custody, visitation, family offenses and guardianship.
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- J.D. (2015)
- State Bar of New York # 5387931
- New York State Bar Association Family Law Section
- TriBoro Divorce