Free Consultation: (701) 997-0300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stefan Dunkelgrun

Stefan Dunkelgrun

  • Estate Planning
  • Minnesota, New York, North Dakota
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Area
  • Estate Planning
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
North Dakota
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Tax Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Dutch: Spoken, Written
  • English: Spoken, Written
Fordham University School of Law
Fordham University School of Law Logo
Fordham University
MBA | Finance
Fordham University Logo
Professional Associations
North Dakota Bar # 08672
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
31 Questions Answered

Q. I reported animal cruelty on my sons landlords now I'm being harassed threatened
A: Document every interaction, log the time, date, the person involved, and the nature of the incident. Also document every interaction with the police. Bonus points if you have any other evidence, such as phone records. Once you have sufficient documentation, if the police are not willing to do anything, talk to the local states attorney.
Q. Can I see my landlord for not accepting my Emotional Support Animal?
A: you can sue, but that doesn't mean you'll win. To give a more practical answer, talk to attorneys who specialize in disability and/or landlord/tenant issues. If no one is willing to take your case on contingency, you'll probably lose
Q. My 11 yr old daughter has been telling me she doesn’t want to come to my place I have joint physical custody of her
A: There's the legal answer, and the practical answer. Assuming her dad is supportive, I strongly recommend talking it through with your daughter and trying to get her to understand and come willingly. Forcing a child to come against her will might be more damaging to your relationship in the long run than giving her a bit more leeway now. Do you really want the court to get involved?
Q. who has legal custody of a child if there is no court order for custody of that child.
A: Legally, both parents still have custody (absent an agreement otherwise) From a practical perspective, if one parent has physical custody, that parent will be making decisions
Q. What is the best way to research whether a company offering to buy mine is financially sound?
A: ask them for their financial records - income statement & balance sheet. You could also ask for a letter from their bank.
Q. If an agreed upon merger ends up not happening because one company pulls out last-minute, what are the other company's
A: that depends entirely on what kind of interim agreements the two companies had.
Q. What is a company's board of director's role during a merger?
A: the job of the board of directors is to supervise management (the executive officers). Ordinarily, the board would be heavily involved with the discussions surrounding the merger. At the very least, they'd be part of the discussion of what the board of the merged company would look like, which executives would have what role, what their compensation would be, as well as the compensation for executives who will be departing, and the overall pricing / valuation of the merger.
Q. They want me to sign a letter of intent - that doesn't mean I'm totally locked in, does it?
A: A letter of intent is proof that you are committed to the transaction. It means that you generally agree to the transaction, but still need to work out the details. You are not locked in, but at the same time you may be liable for damages if you back out without a good reason. You should consult with an attorney before signing a letter of intent.
Q. After being together 13 years, I broke up with my now ex. As retaliation he won’t let me see my daughter
A: For starters, you should report the guns as stolen to the police. If you have proof of any of what you said, seek help from an attorney to get full custody and a restraining order.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Forks Law PLLC
4324 University Avenue Suite A
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Telephone: (701) 997-0300