Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearch
- Appeals & Appellate
- Immigration Law
- Criminal Law
- Social Security Disability/SSI
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 9th Circuit
- Of Counsel
- Mira Law Group, APC
- - Current
- I work with the Mira Law Group handling a diverse portfolio of matter, including immigration, deportation, criminal defense, and personal injury cases.
- Appointed Counsel
- First District Appellate Project
- - Current
- Appointed to the FDAP panel for indigent criminal appeals before the First District Appellate Court.
- Associate Attorney
- Law Offices of Haitham Edward Ballout
- Represent clients before EOIR Immigration Courts and handle immigration and deportation appeals before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and Petitions for Review before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Represent clients in Personal Injury Claims, Social Security Appeals, and Criminal matters.
- University of San Francisco School of Law
- J.D. | Juris Doctor
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney in Immigration Court
- Activities: Through the BASF, I volunteer in the San Francisco Immigration Courts as the pro bono attorney of the day to assist unrepresented Respondent's before the immigration court.
Articles & Publications
- A Proposal for Defining a Core Zone of Protection Under Membership in a Particular Social Group: Refocusing the Analysis to Utilize Both the Social Visibility Component and the Group Immutability Component Approach."
- University of San Francisco Journal of Law and Social Challenges (2008)
- Legal Research in the Real World: Why is it so important? A Practitioner Panel, 2130 Fulton St., SF, CA
- University of San Francisco School of Law
Websites & Blogs
- No Deportation
- USCIS Rule Change Affecting H1-B Renewals
25 October 2017
- YouTube Video of Our Office
13 September 2016
- USCIS Expands Eligible Aliens for I-601A Provisional Waivers
1 August 2016
- ICE To Conduct Deportation Raids Beginning in 2016 New Year
24 December 2015
- Ninth Circuit Issues Favorable Decision in Petition for Review for Najarro-Portal
9 December 2015
- Interesting Newspaper Article from Utah - "Activist makes app to help ‘dreamer’ undocumented immigrants"
27 November 2015
- Governor Brown Sign Bill Designed to Help Immigrant Crime Victims By Mandating U-Visa Certification Standardization
3 November 2015
- Senate GOP plans contentious immigration vote - bill set to be taken up targets so-called sanctuary cities
8 October 2015
- Oral Arguments at the Ninth Circuit Yesterday
16 September 2015
24 Questions Answered
- Q. What does it mean if I have a charge showing on my us-fbi criminal record with no subsection?
- A: INA section 212 is the grounds on inadmissibility. I would guess that your stop and detention at the border constitutes an expedited removal which is in the records of CBP, not USCIS. Furthermore, if you used a false document in order to try and gain entry into the US, you committed immigration fraud and if you used a false US passport, your made a false representation as a US citizen from which there is no relief or waiver possible.
- Q. Im a barber and make 17,000 dlls a year. Should i wait to apply on the Citizenship till i make more money?
- A: USCIS does not care how much money you make for the purpose of naturalization. However, the do care that you pay your taxes and that you do not owe any child support.
- Q. The person we have helping our mother prepare her immigration papers is asking us to see a psychiatrist.
- A: Sounds like your "notario" is working on an I-601A waiver. These are difficult to obtain and I agree that using an non-licensed amateur is risking a seriously adverse consequence if your mother is ordered deported and barred from any immigration benefit for 10 years.
- Q. I'm part of the Deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) can I apply for a u.s passport in California?
- A: You will need to apply for a passport from your home country. If there is a consulate in California, then go and apply there.
- Q. Hello. i left the usa wih a voluntery departure in 2012. ıs that mean i can never get a visa again?
- A: The short answer to your question is to make a FOIA request for you alien file, unless you have retained your documents that show you were reinstated.
- Q. I am on h4 visa and I have a lot of hotwheels cars. Can I sell them online ?
- A: Yes you can sell your personal property on line without offending your immigration status. However, you may have a duty to report this income to the IRS. Please consult with a tax specialist on what is required to remain in compliance with tax law.
- Q. spongement help
- A: If you live in Alameda County, the public defender's office was a clean slate clinic that helps people to clean up this record.
- Q. what does this exactly mean for my husband? On 10/17/17 this was the opinion regarding his appeal (criminal conviction)
- A: Short answer, your husband's appeal was unsuccessful. He will remain incarcerated under his original sentence which granted him probation, either ISS or ESS.
- Q. Been deported twice and is now in deportation proceedings can I get legal help to stop deportation
- A: The only potential recourse you have available at this juncture is to seek protection under asylum law, withholding, or alternatively protection under CAT. However, you may not be eligible for release from custody and will have to fight your case in detention.
Contact & Map