Spencer Richard McMullen

Spencer Richard McMullen

Mexican Attorney / Translator - Bilingual
  • Immigration Law, Probate, International Law ...
  • Mexico
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

American born and educated, living in Mexico and with full law studies and postgraduate studies in Mexico. State court translator and on US Consulate list of translators.

Practice Areas
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
International Law
Human Rights, Imports & Exports
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Gov & Administrative Law
Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Consumer Law
Class Action, Lemon Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Municipal Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law clerk
Jalisco State Supreme Court
Chapala Civil Court
Jalisco State College of Notaries
Diploma Course (2014) | Notarial Law
Placeholder image for education.
Jalisco Institute of Public Administration
Diploma Course (2013) | Administrative Law
Placeholder image for education.
J.D. (2012) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Universidad Panamericana
LL.M. (2012) | Civil and Business Law Procedure
Placeholder image for education.
Jalisco Institute of Public Administration
Diploma Course (2012) | Condominium Administration
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
ANADE Colegio de Abogados
Certified Attorney
Activities: National Corporate Attorney Bar Association Certified Attorney
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Expert Translator
Jalisco State Judicial Council
Expert Translator
Municipality of Guadalajara, Jalisco
Mortgage Advisor
Mexican Association of Financial Intermediaries
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered
Q. What can I do if my wife is threatening to take my daughter to Mexico
A: Is your wife Mexican? Are you divorcing? Are there any existing custody orders? It would be best if you spoke to a local lawyer to have a custody order made ASAP with restrictions on taking the child out of the state / country (if none exists) to aid in getting the child back if your wife makes good on her threats.
Q. If I am sending the stepparent adoption form to Mexico, can it be signed @ a court, notary???
A: For a valid notarized signature on documents in Mexico you have 2 options, have the person sign in front of the notary at the US Embassy or consulate or sign in front of a Mexican Notary and then get an apostille after. Sometimes the Mexican notary may want the document translated into Spanish before he certifies the signature and at times the receiving party may want the apostille translated into English.
Q. Can I get divorced if my husband is in Mexico and can't come here and me and my kids just moved back to wa state ?
A: The court will most likely accept your case if you meet the residency time limits for your state. As far as serving the other party in Mexico, treaties between the U.S. and individual countries or international agreements such as the “Hague Convention on Service Abroad” and the “Inter-American Service Convention” will govern service of process, it can be tricky and cost a bit more than simple service in the US, not doing it properly could give the other party rise to attack a judgment at a later date if he did not respond.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Hidalgo #230
Chapala, Jalisco 45900
Guadalajara Office
Pablo Neruda #3055, Int. 302
Colonia Providencia
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.