Shawn G. RiceBusiness Transactional M&A Corporate Attorney in Wisconsin
- Business Law, Collections, Estate Planning ...
- Eastern District of Wisconsin, Western District of Wisconsin, Wisconsin
Shawn Rice practices primarily in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, corporate, business, real estate, banking & finance and estate planning. Shawn provides counsel and strategic direction to business clients and individuals, guiding them through a variety of transactional matters. Shawn focuses his practice on business, corporate and commercial matters. He advises businesses of all types and sizes, from closely-held, family companies to multi-national corporations.
He has extensive experience providing counsel on general business matters such as start-up and formation, limited liability companies, joint ventures and partnerships, corporate governance, shareholder relations, bank and other financing, securities, real estate matters, and contracts including venture capital, franchises, employment, vendors and consulting arrangements. Shawn also maintains an active practice assisting clients with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including leveraged buy-outs and business succession planning. Shawn also represents local non-profit organizations and financial institutions.
* Representing buyers and sellers in the acquisition and divestiture of various international, national, regional and local businesses
* General counsel for numerous manufacturers, franchises, entrepreneurs and service companies
* Representing various local and Wisconsin-based lending institutions and non-profit entities
* Representing financial institutions and distressed businesses and their owners in restructuring and workout transactions
* Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures including asset purchases and sales, stock purchases and sales, and entity conversions
* Structuring and formation of legal entities including limited liability companies, corporations, non-profit and tax-exempt entities and partnerships
State of Wisconsin, 1993; Eastern District of Wisconsin (1993); Western District of Wisconsin (1997)
Education and Honors.
Marquette University Law School, J. D., 1993; Creighton University, B.A., 1990, cum laude
Professional Affiliations and Community Service.
Member, State Bar of Wisconsin; Member, Sheboygan County Bar Association; Member, Milwaukee Bar Association; Member, Marquette Golden Angels Investment Network; Member, Sheboygan County Estate Planning Council; Member, Employers Against Drugs Board; Board Member, Friends of St. Nicholas Hospital; Greater Sheboygan Committee; Member, Downtown Rotary Club; Member, Sheboygan Economics Club; Member, State Bar of Wisconsin Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee of Business Law
Articles, Publications, and Lectures.
Author, "Architectural Appearance Ordinances and the First Amendment," 76 Marquette Law Review 439, 1993; Editor, Marquette Law Review; Presenter, numerous legal seminars
* Davis & Kuelthau, s.c., Milwaukee/Sheboygan, 2002-2007
* Godfrey & Kahn s.c., Milwaukee, 1998-2002
* Schreier Malting Company, General Counsel, 1996-1998
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Google Meet
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Western District of Wisconsin
- English: Spoken, Written
- Venture Capital and Private Equity Committee of Business Section of State Bar of Wisconsin
- - Current
- Shareholder Attorney
- Davis & Kuelthau sc
- M&A Corporate Attorney
- Godfrey & Kahn- Milwaukee
- General Counsel
- Schreier Malting Company
- Marquette University
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Phi Delta Alpha, Dean's List
- Creighton University
- B.A | Political Science/US History/Economics
- Honors: cum laude
- Peer Review Rated for ethical standards and legal ability
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated
- Superlawyer Wisconsin (Business & corporate law)
- Top Up and Coming Wisconsin Attorney
- Milwaukee Magazine
- Wisconsin State Bar  # 1020000
- State Bar of Wisconsin Business Law Section Committee on Venture Capital and Angel Investing
- - Current
- Sheboygan County Estate Planning Council
- - Current
- Marquette Golden Angels Investment Network
- Archtectual Appearance Ordinances and the First Amendment
- Marquette Law Review
- 2010 A New Decade, A New Financial Landscape, Strategic Planning & M&A Panel Discussion, Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
- Kolb & Co.; Brass Ring Capital; Associated Bank; Rice Business Law
- Strategic Planning & M&A Panel Discussion. 2010 is the start of a new decade with drastically different economic conditions than those of recent past. Get a feel for the new lay of the land, receive advice from law, banking and financial experts, and begin to develop your strategy for navigating our new economic and M&A environment.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.