Sergio D. Simões concentrates his practice in civil and complex litigation, appellate practice and employee benefits.
Sergio served as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas N. Lyons, New Jersey Superior Court Appellate Division. Sergio also served as an intern to the Honorable Kenneth C. MacKenzie, New Jersey Superior Court, Morris County, Chancery Division, General Equity Part.
During law school, Sergio was an intern at the Government Law Center of Albany Law School, the Albany County District Attorney’s Office, as well as the Albany Law School Health Law Clinic. He also served as a research assistant to a Professor of International Law and has been acknowledged for his research assistance in the Canadian-published Osgoode Hall Law Journal. Sergio, together with and other members of Lindabury’s Labor and Employment practice group, was co-author of the New Jersey chapter of the 2019 Chambers Global Practice Guide for Regional Employment.
Fluent in Portuguese, in 2004, Sergio completed a Certificate program in European Union Law at the Universidade Católica Portuguesa in Lisbon, Portugal.
He received his Juris Doctorate from Albany Law School in 2006 and graduated with highest honors from Seton Hall University in 2003 with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Sergio is admitted to the bars of New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Sergio serves as an alternate member of the Planning Board of his home town of Garwood, New Jersey.
- Real Estate Law
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Courts
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C.
- - Current
- Judiciary Law Clerk, Honorable Thomas N. Lyons, J.A.D.
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division
- Judiciary Law Clerk, Honorable Thomas N. Lyons, P.J. Ch.
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Union County, General Equity/Chancery Court
- Judiciary Law Intern, Honorable Kenneth C. Mackenzie, P.J. Ch.
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County Chancery/General Equity Division
- Albany Law School
- J.D. (2006)
- Universidade Católica Portuguesa
- Certificate in International Law, European Union Jurisdiction
- Seton Hall University
- B.A. (2003)
- Rising Star – Civil Litigation Defense
- Super Lawyers
- New Jersey State Bar # 016152006
- New York State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- Portugal-US Chamber of Commerce
- Portuguese American Leadership Council of the United States
- USA Regional Employment Law and Practice in New Jersey
- Chambers and Partners
- New Jersey’s Complex Business Litigation Program Offers Significant Benefits
- New Jersey Law Journal
- Sergio D. Simões' Website Profile
- Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C. Website
- Events Calendar
- Why Bring Lawyers In? – Attorney-Client Privilege Can Be Crucial for Businesses’ Protection
9 September 2019
- Lindabury Attorneys Named to 2020 Best Lawyers© List
15 August 2019
- Immediate Impact of the New Jersey Hemp Farming Act
13 August 2019
- NJ Hemp Farming Act
13 August 2019
- How One Hashtag Transformed the Law
8 August 2019
- Kathleen M. Connelly Quoted in ROI-NJ – “Drug Dilemma”
29 July 2019
- New Jersey Employees Now Accorded Expanded Family Leave Rights
23 July 2019
- How “Final” is a Final Restraining Order?
8 July 2019
- Andrew Gibbs Quoted in NJ-ROI – “Breaching Charge: Cybercrime Insurance is Rapidly Becoming Must-Have Asset for Companies — of Any Size
20 June 2019