Profile Image Placeholder

Selina Steele

  • Estate Planning, Tax Law, Business Law ...
  • California, U.S. TAX COURT
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Estate Planning
  • Tax Law
  • Business Law
  • Probate
Additional Practice Areas
  • Trust and Will Administration - (incl. tax filings)
  • Business Formations/Agreements
  • Non-Profits (formations; reinstatements; taxation; governance)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
Southwest Inns of Court
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Professional Women's Roundtable
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California Society of Enrolled Agents
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Assoc of Enrolled Agents
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Enrolled Agent
Dept of Treasury
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered

Q. if I marry will my wife pick up any responsibility for my IRS debt?
A: Depending on the nature of the tax liability and when assessed, it is possible the ten year statute of limitation has run on collection rights. You would need to have the timing reviewed to confirm if the right to collect has expired. If the statute is still open, the only certain way in a community property state is to file as "married filing separate". A pre-nup clearly addressing the debt would also be required. However, there are other considerations to be aware of...such as whether the addition of her income into the household changes your apparent "currently non-collectible" status. Speaking with your tax advisor is highly advisable (enrolled agent or CPA). DISCLAIMER: any information provided is intended as general in nature and not as advice to which may be relied upon nor shall any attorney/client relationship be inferred or created.
Q. In California. If an out of state LLC buys a mobile home in California, does the LLC have any obligation to ..?
A: Depends. More information is required. As a very generalized response...If the manager is domiciled in CA and is conducting the business of the LLC then the LLC would be required to register, file returns and be subject to the fees. It is highly recommended you contact a CA tax attorney to have your specific situation evaluated. DISCLAIMER: information provided is general in nature and not intended as advice nor shall it imply or create any type of attorney/client relationship.
Q. I filed my taxes in march and paid the fee online, but I haven't received a confirmation of receipt. Is that normal?
A: Your payment would serve as a quasi form of confirmation. Check your bank account for the withdrawal. It would have occurred within 24 hours unless you specified a later date. If you e-filed, you can also obtain an electronic postmark from your software or tax professional. You may alternately contact the IRS and request your account transcript for the relevant tax year. This transcript will evidence the return receipt and summary of tax return information. Dsiclaimer: Information provided is intended as general in nature and not to be relied upon as individual advice nor shall it create an attorney client relationship.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
PO Box 890339
Temecula, CA 92589-0339
Telephone: (951) 676-3443
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.