Scott Michael Weiss

Scott Michael Weiss

Weiner & Weiss, LLC
  • Arbitration & Mediation, Divorce, Family Law
  • Florida
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

For over a decade Scott M. Weiss has practiced exclusively family law, assisting clients in divorce, child custody and support, spousal support, distribution of marital property, and post-judgment modifications. As a family law attorney, Mr. Weiss works diligently to serve his clients with compassion and sensitivity while vigorously protecting their rights. Mr. Weiss earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Binghamton University in Binghamton, New York in 2002, and went on to pursue his law degree at Nova Southeastern University, graduating in 2005. He was admitted to the Florida Bar the same year. Partnering with Gary D. Weiner, he now provides family law services to clients throughout Broward and Palm Beach Counties in South Florida. Mr. Weiss is co-chair of the Family Law Committee of the South Palm Beach County Bar Association, and a member of the Florida Bar’s Family Law Section. Mr. Weiss is rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®, the definitive guide to the most distinguished law firms and attorneys in America. In 2014, 2015, 2016 ,2017 and 2018, Mr. Weiss was selected as a Raising Star in the area of Family Law by Super Lawyers Magazine. Mr. Weiss also enjoys a 10 of 10 Superb Rating by the legal website AVVO. For 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mr. Weiss was chosen by The American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 practicing Florida Family Law. Mr. Weiss was selected a Top 10 Family Law Attorney by Attorney and Practice Magazine.

Practice Areas
Arbitration & Mediation
Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court For the Southern District of Floirda
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Weiner & Weiss, LLC
- Current
Scott M. Weiss. PA
Weiner & Associate, P.A
Nova Southeastern University
J.D. (2005)
Nova Southeastern University Logo
State University of New York - Binghamton
B.A. (2002)
State University of New York - Binghamton Logo
Rising Star
Superb 10.0 out of 10.0 Rating
Rising Star
Top 10 Family Law Attorney - Florida
Attorney and Practice Magizine
Top 10 Under 40 -Nationally Ranked
National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
Rising Star
Top 40 Family Lawyers Under 40 in the State of Florida
The American Society of Legal Advocates
10 Best Under 40 - Florida
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Client Satisfaction Award
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Rising Star
AV Rating (Highest Possible Rating)
Martindale Hubbell
Nation's Top One Percent
National Assocaition of Distinguished Counsel
Rising Star
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar  # 14057
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Palm Beach County Bar Assc
President - YLS
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Palm Beach County Bar Assc
Chairperson- Family Law Practice Committee
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered
Q. If a clerk of the court/staff liable for damages resulting from inaccurate account maintenance?
A: If there was a mistake made by the clerk about the amount of child support owed, and you can clearly show that the clerk was in error, you can ask the Court to order the clerk to correct the child support ledger.
Q. Adult child (20) stuck between divorced parents suing and counter suing each other for child support payments.
A: You, like any other citizen you are allowed to obtain the divorce paperwork. You can obtain all of the paperwork from the clerk of courts office.
Q. I lost my job back in April 2017 and I'm getting odd jobs here and there. I have not been able to make payments for over
A: You need to pay everything you are capable of paying, you need to sell belongings to pay. You need to show the judge what efforts you have made to to get full time employment. The judge will want to see that you are making a real effort to find a job.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1900 Glades Road, Suite 351
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Telephone: (561) 208-5576
Fax: (561) 391-2946
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.