- Family Law
- Health Care Law
- Employment Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- ID Number: 171618
- Frank G. Millard Professor of Law
- University of Michigan
- Principal deputy assistant attorney general for civil rights
- U.S. Department of Justice
- Associate dean for research and faculty development
- Washington University School of Law
- University of North Carolina
- Harvard Law School
- Honors: magna cum laude; received the Fay Diploma
- Activities: articles office co-chair of the Harvard Law Review.
- California State Bar  # 171618
- - Current
Articles & Publications
- Disability Rights and Labor: Is This Conflict Really Necessary?
- Indiana L. J. 92
- Disparate Impact and the Role of Classification and Motivation in Equal Protection Law after Inclusive Communities
- Cornell L. Rev. 101
- Who is Responsible for the Stealth Assault on Civil Rights?
- Mich. L. Rev. 114
- "On Class-Not-Race." In A Nation of Widening Opportunities? The Civil Rights Act at 50
- MI: Michigan Publishing
- The ADA and the Supreme Court: A Mixed Record.
- J. Am. Med. Assoc. 313, no. 22
- Disability Rights Law: Cases and Materials. 2nd ed. University Casebook Series.
- St. Paul: Foundation Press
- Formalism and Employer Liability Under Title VII.
- U. Chi. Legal F. 2014
- On Class-Not-Race.
- Law Quad. Notes 57, no. 2
- The Unrelenting Libertarian Challenge to Public Accommodations Law.
- Stan. L. Rev. 66, no. 6
- Universalism and Civil Rights (with Notes on Voting Rights after Shelby)
- Yale L. J. 123
- Viva Conditional Federal Spending!
- Harv. J. L. & Pub. Pol'y 37, no. 1
- "Federalism by Waiver After the Health Care Case." In The Health Care Case: The Supreme Court's Decision and its Implications, 227-44
- Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press
- Employment Law and Social Equality.
- Mich L. Rev. 112, no. 2
- The Anti-Leveraging Principle and the Spending Clause after NFIB.
- Geo. L. J. 101, no. 4
- The Past and Future of Deinstitutionalization Litigation.
- Cardozo L. Rev. 34, no. 1
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map