Sally Bergman

Sally Bergman

Law Office of Sally Bergman
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
Additional Practice Area
  • Medi-Cal & VA Pension Benefit Planning
Video Chat and Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • FreeConferenceCall
  • GoToMeeting
  • RingCentral
  • UberConference
  • WebEx
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Western New England University School of Law
LL.M. (2016) | Estate Planning & Elder Law
Placeholder image for education.
San Francisco Law School
J.D. (1982)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Mission Hospice & Home Care
Board Member & Direct Care Volunteer
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
President, Northern California Chapter
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Academy of VA Pension Planners
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 104209
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
126 Questions Answered

Q. My mom died in 2018 and my dad been having problems ever since well let me start some lady put a name change on his home
A: If you suspect this woman is unduly influencing your father and/or is taking advantage of him financially, you should immediately contact Adult Protective Services. More information here:
Q. I have been left my grandfathers home in his will. I asked the city if I can file the document to be on record in person
A: If the property was solely in your grandfather's name, then the only way it can pass to anyone is through a probate action. If you are in possession of your grandfather's original will, it is your responsibility to "lodge" it with the Santa Clara County Clerk within 30 days. I don't see how the mortgage company could be transferring the property to you unless there was a trust in addition to the will which named you as beneficiary and successor trustee. Any authority under a power of attorney would have ended when your grandfather died. You need to contact an attorney ASAP who can look at all of the documents and determine the best course of action. If there is no trust, it is critical that the will you possess be entered into probate ASAP. That should be done by the person designated in the will to be the executor.
Q. what is ment by a "Bixby Trust"?
A: I've never heard of a "Bixby Trust" although there is a 1949 California Supreme Court case regarding spendthrift trusts in which the plaintiff's name was Bixby. See it here:
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1900 S Norfolk St, Suite 350
San Mateo, CA 94403
Telephone: (650) 242-9800
Fax: (888) 462-6850
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.