Free Consultation: (480) 464-1111Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ryan K Hodges

Ryan K Hodges

Jackson White
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate
  • Arizona
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg SearchSocial Media

Ryan Hodges practices in the areas of probate, estate and trust administration, and elder law, including long-term care planning and special needs trusts. He is also a Registered Patent Attorney with experience in patent preparation and prosecution.

Bar Admissions: Ryan was admitted to the State Bar of Arizona in 2008. He is licensed to practice in all state courts, the United States District Court for the District of Arizona, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He is also licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

Education and Honors: Ryan earned his undergraduate degree in information systems, summa cum laude, from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University. After working for a year as a software engineer, he attended the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University and graduated magna cum laude in 2008. During law school, Ryan served as an articles editor for Jurimetrics: The Journal of Law, Science, & Technology and completed the law school’s certificate program for Law, Science, and Technology. He also completed a judicial externship with the Honorable Daniel A. Barker at the Arizona Court of Appeals.

Professional Activities and Experience: Ryan is a member of the Arizona State Bar. He is a member of the State Bar of Arizona Elder Law, Mental Health and Special Needs Planning Section, Probate and Trust Law Section, and Intellectual Property Law Section.

Practice Areas
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees are available for many services
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Tagalog: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Jackson White
- Current
Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
J.D. (2008)
Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Arizona
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Jackson White Probate Site
Legal Answers
87 Questions Answered

Q. Somehow my dad's ex girl friend was a beneficiary on his bank account and took 117000 out can I contest the beneficiary
A: You could challenge the beneficiary designation. It may be difficult though and would heavily depend on the facts of your situation. You should consult a probate litigation attorney.
Q. My brother and I are the only 2 hiers for my mother which I am executor my mother was willed a house but did't transfer
A: You should consult an attorney and provide the relevant documents and wills for the two estates. The house will probably still pass to your mom's estate and then would pass to her two heirs equally unless there are wills or other documents that would change this result.
Q. My mom died without a will Dec 2, 2019. Her only major asset is the house, located in Park Scottsdale.
A: To be a small estate, the estate must have less than $75,000 in personal property (bank accounts, cars, investments, etc.) and less than $100,000 in equity in real estate. The valuation for the property is determined by the county tax assessed value. You can also deduct any mortgages owed on the property. You have to wait 30 days for personal property and six months for real estate. Also for the real estate, all debts must be paid first. If it is not a small estate, then you can file a normal probate either formally or informally. Informal probates are routinely granted. I'm not sure why you were told otherwise. You should probably consult an attorney with your various questions.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Jackson White PC
40 N Center St Ste 200
Mesa, AZ 85201
Telephone: (480) 464-1111
Fax: (480) 464-5692
Jackson White in Scottsdale
5635 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 170
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Telephone: (480) 464-1111
Fax: (480) 464-5692
Jackson White in the West Valley
7972 W Thunderbird Rd Ste 105
Peoria, AZ 85381
Telephone: (480) 464-1111
Fax: (480) 464-5692
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.