Free Consultation: (206) 552-0258Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ryan FordFord Law Firm, an education law firm for students and parents.
- Education Law, Civil Rights, Personal Injury
- California, Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Ford Law Firm focuses exclusively on education law matters and is located in the Pacific Northwest. We are committed to serving parents and students from preschool to college with high-quality legal service. We believe in a collaborative student-centric approach that places students first. Our practice areas include Special Education, Civil Rights (Section 504, Title VI & Title IX), Student Discipline, Student Bullying and Harassment and Student Injuries.
- Education Law
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- University of San Diego School of Law
- J.D. (2014)
- Honors: - CALI Award Special Education and the Law - Most Outstanding Legal Intern Special Education & Disability Legal Clinic - Pro Bono Service Award
- University of California - Santa Barbara
- B.A. (2009) | Political Science
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Washington State Bar Association  # 50628
- State Bar of California  # 308102
Websites & Blogs
- Ford Law Firm | An Education Law Firm for Students & Parents | Seattle, Washington
- Ford Law Firm - | News + Blog - Education Law for Students & Parents | Seattle, Washington
13 Questions Answered
- Q. I live in Washington state can a school district force a parent to put them in a residential school out of state?
- A: This is a complex question that requires additional information. There are circumstances where a school district can force a placement but the parent then has the option of filing for due process or revoking special education services. Depending on the circumstances, I'm often able to negotiate these matters to a favorable outcome for my client. If you would like to schedule a consultation with my office, please contact my office at email@example.com or (425) 908-7692. - Ryan
- Q. my son told me he was molested 2 years ago by another kid. the bus and the school failed to notify us what can we do?
- A: Do you have reason to believe that the bus driver or school or school district was aware your son was molested by the other child?
- Q. Can you record conversation that you are a party too?
- A: No. Pursuant to RCW 9.73.030, you may not record your conversation with the office employee without her consent. RCW 9.73.030 does, however, offer a caveat: "Where consent by all parties is needed pursuant to this chapter, consent shall be considered obtained whenever one party has announced to all other parties engaged in the communication or conversation, in any reasonably effective manner, that such communication or conversation is about to be recorded or transmitted: PROVIDED, That if the conversation is to be recorded that said announcement shall also be recorded." RCW 9.73.030(3). If you do decide to move forward with the recording, I recommend you contact an attorney. For about an hour of the attorney's time, she/he could explain to you the limitations of RCW 9.73.030(3). For example, what happens if you tell the office employee you are recording the conversation and the office employee requests that she not be recorded. Does RCW 9.73.030(3) act as a safe harbor or must you stop recording? An attorney could help you understand the contours of the law and your liability for recording. The above response is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.