Free Consultation: (717) 737-3300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Roy L. Galloway III

Roy L. Galloway III

The Law Office of Roy Galloway, LLC
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, DUI & DWI...
  • Pennsylvania
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Roy L. Galloway, Attorney at Law, was born in New Orleans, LA. After graduating with honors from Clark Atlanta University, where he earned his degree in political science, Roy went on to attend Pennsylvania State Dickinson School of Law, which is where he received his Juris Doctor. Now, he's admitted to practice law in every Pennsylvania court. Before he established his own practice, Roy was an associate at a distinguished law firm in Pottstown, PA. There, he focused on all manner of family law. Roy moved up to a larger law office based out of Lemoyne, PA, where along with the firm, he focused on insurance defense. Eventually, Roy decided to begin his own legal firm, which he vowed would set the standard for criminal defense law and family law practice in Central Pennsylvania. Roy has been recognized by the Penn State Dickinson School of Law's Miller Center for Public Interest Advocacy as a Public Interest Advocate. This honor was given for his dedication to representing indigent persons who were facing criminal charges. Roy is currently a proud member of the following associations: Pennsylvania Association of the Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL) American Bar Association Pennsylvania Bar Association Dauphin County Bar Association Harrisburg Young Professionals Attorney Roy Galloway practices in the areas of criminal defense law, juvenile law, and family law. If you have legal issues in these areas, Roy may be able to help you sort your life out. Contact him today with the form at right, or by calling (717) 737-3300 for your free and confidential consultation.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Family Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Juvenile Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English
Professional Experience
The Law Office of Roy Galloway, LLC
- Current
The Law Office of Roy Galloway, LLC was established in September of 2009. This practice focuses on criminal and family law, and serves Dauphin, Cumberland, York, Lebanon and Lancaster counties.
Dickinson School of Law
J.D. | Law
Clark Atlanta University
B.A. (2004) | Political Science
Honors: Cum Laude
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Pennsylvania Bar Association Bar Leadership Institute Class of 2012
Activities: The PBA BLI was a mentoring program where young lawyers were being groomed to assume leadership positions within the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Martin Luther King Leadership Development Institute
Activities: This was a program where young leaders in the community received leadership training to provide leadership and service to the Harrisburg region.
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered

Q. Retail Theft
A: If you have no prior criminal history, you and your attorney should consider applying for the Acc elerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program. ARD is a pretrial program designed for non-violent and non-felony offenses whereby you agree to be on probation, you pay a fee for entry into the program, pay restitution and fines and comply with conditions of the ARD program which are usually community service, counseling or treatment and paying restitution and your record will be expunged upon successful completion of the ARD program. It is important that you apply for entry into the program early in the process because you cannot have your record expunged after you are found guilty or plead guilty, unless it is a summary offense and you wait 5 years to have it expunged. If you get accepted into the ARD program, you can have your record expunged in less than a year and this won't cause you too much harm. You should contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer ASAP.
Q. Are records automatically expunged if charges are dropped involving possession with intent to distribute 3heroin bricks.
A: If your charges have been expunged, you should have received a copy of a court order granting a Petition For Expungement. If you never received a court order expunging your record, chances are you still have an arrest record. You should check with your lawyer to see if he/she received an order granting an expungement. If you were not represented by a lawyer, you can do an unofficial record check by pulling up your docket sheet at the court of common pleas level. You can search the following website by your name or docket number: I hope this helps.
Q. I have a 14 year old son can I give up right with out supporting him I dont have money for support help
A: Your obligation to pay child support won't cease until the child becomes an adult or your parental rights are terminated by a court. Of course, you won't have to pay support unless the other parent seeks a support order from domestic relations.
Q. my boyfriend is fighting for custody of his sons can they freeze his child support payments
A: No. The fact that he is seeking custody in court does not negate his obligation to pay support in PA. However, if he wins primary physical custody, he no longer has to pay support and should file with domestic relations to have his support terminated and he would be entitled to support. Also, if he wins 40% or more physical custody then he can have his support obligation reduced. Hope that helped.
Q. If my daughter n her ex have joint custody and he takes the kids out of state without her permission what can she do
A: File for contempt and request that the court enter an order directing father to return the child. Additionally, it won't hurt to call the local police where the father lives to report the incident.
Q. Should I talk to the police or get a lawyer? Am I obligated to even talk to the police?
A: You should never speak to police without a lawyer present because anything you say can be used against you in court. You don't want the cops to take what you say out of context or testify in court that you said something you did not and it be his/her word as a cop against yours. For your protection just say no. You have no duty to speak. Your 5th Amendment right not to incriminate yourself protects you. Don't waive it by talking.
Q. If I live in PA and my children live in NY which state do I file for visitation in?
A: New York assuming they lived there for six consecutive months and there wasn't a custody order entered in PA. If, however, your kid lived with you in PA for six months and have been in New York for less than six months, then PA has jurisdiction and you should file there.
Q. Relocation with shared custody
A: First, if you need to relocate and you do not have the approval of the parents, then you must serve both parents with a Notice of Relocation 60 days prior to the proposed move by certified mail, return receipt requested. Additionally, you must include a counter-affidavit with the Notice of Relocation where the parents can note whether they approve of the modification of the custody order and the relocation or whether they objection to the modification or the relocation. If the parent's do not file a counter-affidavit objecting to the relocation within 30 days, they will be foreclosed from challenging the relocation, and you can show the court proof that you served the parents with your Notice of Relocation and they failed to object to the relocation and let the court know what your proposed modifications of the custody order is. If they failed to object after being provided notice of the relocation, then you will mostly likely be granted permission to relocate with the child. erl I would strong recommend that you seek legal assistance with the relocation because if you fail to follow the rules and procedures for relocation you run the risk of not being allowed to relocate with the child in time for your husband's transition to his new job. er I recommend contacting a custody lawyer in your area. I practice in Dauphin, York,Cumberland and other surrounding counties in Central Pennsylvania. You can find out more about custody on my website: There are plenty of qualified family law attorneys who could help you with this issue and I recommend you consult one soon.
Q. My boyfriend is going to trial for dv of me an my child if I dont show up what will happen with the case???
A: The short answer to this question is that there is no correct answer to this without you providing more details. I will, however, provide an answer under difference scenarious. If you and your child are the only witnesses to the alleged abuse and you decide not to appear in court to testify against him, the prosecutor will have a difficult time proving that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. However, the prosecutor may subpoena you to attend and testify and get a warrant for your arrest if you fail to appear. If that happens, you may be compelled to testify as to what happened. Additionally, if the prosecutor has evidence independent of you and your child, then you boyfriend may still have a chance at being convicted in your absence. For example, if another person witnesses the abuse, that may be sufficient evidence for a conviction. If your boyfriend gave a statement confessing to the crime, then he may still be convicted even in your absence. In may instances, prosecutors make the decision to dismiss charges where they are dealing with a victim who is uncooperative. But, a victim's refusal to cooperate with the prosecution does not always mean that the defendant is off the hook.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
The Law Office of Roy Galloway, LLC
4309 Linglestown Rd.
Suite 107
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Telephone: (717) 737-3300
Fax: (717) 737-3312