Ross F. Tew

Ross F. Tew

The Law Firm of Ross F. Tew | Arlington, Texas
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate ...
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

I grew up in Austin, attended Baylor, lived in Dallas with my wife for a number of years before moving to Fort Worth, started a family, and opened my practice.

Practice Areas
    Elder Law
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
Additional Practice Area
  • Guardianship
Video Conferencing
  • Google Meet
  • Zoom
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Law Firm of Ross F. Tew, PC
- Current
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas  # 24084659
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tarrant County Association of Mediators
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
58 Questions Answered
Q. If land is owned by multiple people and only one of those people is living, does the living person have 100% ownership
A: It depends. Did the six original owners take title as joint tenants with right of survivorship? If so, then the entire property belongs to the survivor. It would be surprising if that were the case, but not unheard of. You need to sit down with an attorney who can examine the title to the property so you know where you stand.
Q. Life Insur: Insured died in Oct 2021. One of the beneficiaries started the claim process in Jan 2022, but didn't finish
A: I expect the answer to your question lies within the language of the insurance policy itself. You would need to meet with an attorney and have him or her review the documents in question. If you are on good footing and the insurance company is in the wrong, then you will probably need to open an administration of the deceased beneficiary's estate through the probate court and have a qualified person appointed as administrator or executor in order to pursue the estate's claims against the insurance company.
Q. My mom passed away with no will, the only assets she had was the house, which I was the grantor for her.
A: If your mom left no Will, and the house is titled in her name, then it is inherited by her heirs. Her heirs would include her spouse if she was married at the time of her death, as well as her descendants. These are broad strokes. Exactly who receives what and in what proportion depends on more facts than I have available to me here. I suggest you take the most recently recorded deed to the property, your mother's death certificate, and meet with a local probate attorney who can advise you further.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Law Firm of Ross F. Tew, P.C.
4025 Woodland Park Boulevard, Suite 140
Arlington, TX 76013
Telephone: (817) 265-9002
Cell: (214) 558-4489
Fax: (817) 886-8620
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.