Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
I grew up in Austin, attended Baylor, lived in Dallas with my wife for a number of years before moving to Fort Worth, started a family, and opened my practice.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
Additional Practice Area
- Free Consultation
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I prefer fixed fee agreements whenever possible. Some contested probate matters require hourly billing. I am also a mediator, and some mediations can go longer than scheduled, in which case I do bill each party hourly.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- The Law Firm of Ross F. Tew, PC
- - Current
- State Bar of Texas  # 24084659
- Tarrant County Association of Mediators
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
52 Questions Answered
- Q. My grandparents are both deceased. They owned a home. They had 5 children. All but 2 are deceased. The 3 who are decease
- A: Yes.
- Q. What can I do to stop my siblings from stealing everything off my mother's the legal way?
- A: You should report elder financial exploitation to Adult Protective Services, a part of the Texas Department of Family Protective Services. You can file a Suggestion of Need of Guardian in the county where you live. If you are in Bexar County you should contact the Probate Court. In Medina and Atascosa Counties you'll probably need to contact the County Courts or County Courts at Law. Regardless of which county you are in, find an attorney nearby who has handled contested guardianship matters.
- Q. Need to close Moms estate bank account and make final dist. What paperwork does Tx require?
- A: It sounds as though your sibling is the administrator, executor, or trustee handling your mother's affairs. You need to make a demand on your sibling to make the final distribution. If he or she ignores you, then you can compel your sibling to produce an accounting and distribute the estate by filing a complaint with the probate court. The first thing you should do make an appointment to talk to an attorney.
Contact & Map