Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearch
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Products Liability
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma
- Workers' Compensation
- Insurance Claims
- Animal & Dog Law
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Miller & Zois, LLC
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Activities: Executive Editor of the University of Baltimore Law Review
- Loyola College
- SuperLawyers List
- Best Lawyers List
- Best Lawyers of America
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Forty Elite Lawyers in Maryland
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar
- - Current
Articles & Publications
- Insurance Settlement
- James Publishing
Websites & Blogs
- Ronald V. Miller's Website Profile
- Miller & Zois Website
- Maryland Medical Malpractice Attorney Blog
- Hello world!
4 November 2015
- Doctors Start a Malpractice Trial in the Lead
29 October 2015
- $1.8 Million Breast Cancer Settlement
26 October 2015
- Who Can Testify in a Maryland Malpractice Case?
2 June 2013
- New Study Underscores MRSA Risk in Nursing Homes
22 February 2013
- Substituting Plaintiffs in Malpractice Cases
15 October 2012
- Kidney Donor Sues for Malpractice Done to Donee?
9 October 2012
- Malpractice Claims Against Baltimore Hospitals
3 October 2012
- Effort to Kick Malpractice Case in Federal Court Fails
19 September 2012
- Maryland Accident Lawyer Blog
- Recorded Statements
3 June 2013
- Devices to Protect Infants in Cars Just Don’t Work
30 August 2012
- Jury Selection: Thoughts From Ohio
10 July 2012
- Neck Pain Now Equals Neck Pain Later
25 June 2012
- Trampoline Injury Lawsuits
25 June 2012
- How Car Accident Attorneys Put More Money in Their Injury Clients’ Pocket
25 June 2012
- Maryland Law on Spoliation
18 June 2012
- Commerce Secretary Hit-and-Run
11 June 2012
- New IME Guideline in Workers Compensation Cases?
1 June 2012
- Baltimore Injury Lawyer Blog
- How to Make Sure A Corporate Representative’s Deposition Testimony Sticks at Trial
14 August 2013
- Keep your kids alive, buckle them up.
14 June 2013
- So, uh, yeah, the internet is public. Just so you know.
30 May 2013
- What it’s like having me as co-counsel
5 April 2013
- Staying Objective Is Not Always Easy
3 March 2013
- Professionalism on Appeal
7 February 2013
- Some ways I use Apple’s iPad in my personal injury practice
2 January 2013
- The best work day of the year.
26 December 2012
- Citing 50 year-old cases from trial courts that no longer exist isn’t super persuasive, just so you know.
12 December 2012
- Lawsuit Information Center
- Side Effects From Antibiotic “Wonder Drugs” Spark Medical Concern, Lawsuits
6 April 2016
- Essure Birth Control System May Cause Serious Side Effects
10 March 2016
- Bair Hugger Class Action Lawsuit
3 December 2015
- Negligent Credentialing in South Dakota
28 November 2015
- Sample Soft Tissue Injury/Minor Injury Settlement Demand Letter
20 October 2015
- J&J Wins First Tylenol Liver Damage Trial
19 October 2015
- Big Loss in Pelvic Mesh Cases
6 October 2015
- Average Personal Injury Awards in Pennsylvania
1 October 2015
- Settlement Value of New Jersey Personal Injury Cases
30 September 2015
- Maryland Injury Lawsuit Information Center
- Maryland E-Filing Update
2 March 2016
- Is Donald Trump Helping Personal Injury Lawyers?
18 February 2016
- Maryland Rule 1-311
16 February 2016
- When Is a Personal Injury Case Ripe for Settlement?
16 February 2016
- Senator Ted Cruz Personal Injury Lawyer
10 February 2016
- Value of Baltimore Personal Injury Cases Post Freddie Gray
9 February 2016
- New Federal Opinion on Johns Hopkins Malpractice Lawsuit
14 January 2016
- Medical Malpractice or Mere Negligence?
6 January 2016
- Another Jury Prayer Maryland Appellate Opinion
5 January 2016
53 Questions Answered
- Q. Emplyer cutting my hours for no reason
- A: Regrettably, neither Maryland or federal law protect you from have your hours cut or getting fired. There is no two week notice rule, either, unfortunately.
- Q. can a co owner post workers pay for all to see to shame or motivate?
- A: Yes. This does not violate Maryland law, at least not on the limited faxes you have provided. This is a common practice in many industries.
- Q. I just started a job and can't get off can my mom file my complaint for custody papers at the court house for me?
- A: Yes.
- Q. I'm suppose to be a full time employee at this office. They cut my hours and are giving me 3 hours everyday.
- A: It really depends on the language of the contract.
- Q. What are my rights to using the bathroom in school?
- A: No. That is not true. There is no 3 ask rule.
- Q. My dog got out and bit a neighbor's dog. Neither dog was on a leash. Can i be sued? I offered to pay the vet bill.
- A: Without knowing all of the facts, it is certainly possible. But the damages would most likely be limited to the vet bill you already offer to pay. Tragically, in my opinion, animals are treated like pure property in Maryland. This injustice actually helps you in this case.
- Q. I was made executor of my sons estate when he was killed in auto accident in 2006.
- A: I'm not sure I totally understand your question. I'm doubt the state is looking to bring a claim against you but I don't know the specifics. Good job getting your life together. God bless!
- Q. My son fell on My neighbors car with his bike now he wants me to pay $250 for 3 tiny pre-existing scratches
- A: If the scratches are preexisting, you would win. But if they are not, your neighbor would have a valid claim against you. I can't see them filing suit as a practical matter but you never can tell. Ethically, if you son's bike caused the damage, you should pay for it.
- Q. What is the law concerning storing other peoples stuff at your house?
- A: I think the smart thing is to send them a letter certified mail return receipt requested asking them to pick up the property by some date in the future (the longer the better) and otherwise you are going to give the stuff to Goodwill (or whatever).
Contact & Map