Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearch
Maryland personal injury trial lawyer.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Products Liability
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma
- Workers' Compensation
- Insurance Claims
- Animal & Dog Law
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Miller & Zois, LLC
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Activities: Executive Editor of the University of Baltimore Law Review
- Loyola College
- SuperLawyers List
- Best Lawyers List
- Best Lawyers of America
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Forty Elite Lawyers in Maryland
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar
- - Current
Articles & Publications
- Insurance Settlement
- James Publishing
Websites & Blogs
- Ronald V. Miller's Website Profile
- Miller & Zois, LLC Website
- Maryland Medical Malpractice Attorney Blog
- Hello world!
4 November 2015
- Doctors Start a Malpractice Trial in the Lead
29 October 2015
- $1.8 Million Breast Cancer Settlement
26 October 2015
- Who Can Testify in a Maryland Malpractice Case?
2 June 2013
- New Study Underscores MRSA Risk in Nursing Homes
22 February 2013
- Substituting Plaintiffs in Malpractice Cases
15 October 2012
- Kidney Donor Sues for Malpractice Done to Donee?
9 October 2012
- Malpractice Claims Against Baltimore Hospitals
3 October 2012
- Effort to Kick Malpractice Case in Federal Court Fails
19 September 2012
- Maryland Accident Lawyer Blog
- Recorded Statements
3 June 2013
- Devices to Protect Infants in Cars Just Don’t Work
30 August 2012
- Jury Selection: Thoughts From Ohio
10 July 2012
- Neck Pain Now Equals Neck Pain Later
25 June 2012
- Trampoline Injury Lawsuits
25 June 2012
- How Car Accident Attorneys Put More Money in Their Injury Clients’ Pocket
25 June 2012
- Maryland Law on Spoliation
18 June 2012
- Commerce Secretary Hit-and-Run
11 June 2012
- New IME Guideline in Workers Compensation Cases?
1 June 2012
- Baltimore Injury Lawyer Blog
- How to Make Sure A Corporate Representative’s Deposition Testimony Sticks at Trial
14 August 2013
- Keep your kids alive, buckle them up.
14 June 2013
- So, uh, yeah, the internet is public. Just so you know.
30 May 2013
- What it’s like having me as co-counsel
5 April 2013
- Staying Objective Is Not Always Easy
3 March 2013
- Professionalism on Appeal
7 February 2013
- Some ways I use Apple’s iPad in my personal injury practice
2 January 2013
- The best work day of the year.
26 December 2012
- Citing 50 year-old cases from trial courts that no longer exist isn’t super persuasive, just so you know.
12 December 2012
- Lawsuit Information Center
- Pitocin Birth Injury Lawsuits
12 April 2017
- GEICO Verdicts and Settlements in Oregon in 2016
23 January 2017
- Ovarian Cancer Talcum Powder Lawsuits
14 November 2016
- Cauda Equina Syndrome Settlements and Verdicts
11 November 2016
- Will Nexium Cause You Kidney Problems?
10 November 2016
- Things That Could Hurt You: Prilosec
13 September 2016
- Mirena IUD Pseudotumor Cerebri (PTC) Lawsuits
21 July 2016
- Side Effects From Antibiotic “Wonder Drugs” Spark Medical Concern, Lawsuits
6 April 2016
- Essure Birth Control System May Cause Serious Side Effects
10 March 2016
- Maryland Injury Lawsuit Information Center
- New Case Before Court: Is This an Allegation of Malpractice?
10 May 2017
- New Law: Breach of Contract in Maryland Medical Malpractice Cases
8 May 2017
- Knee Injury Settlements and Verdicts | Statistics
5 May 2017
- Sepsis Misdiagnosis Wrongful Death Cases in Maryland
2 February 2017
- Nursing Home Bed Sore Cases in Maryland | Attention Referring Lawyers
30 January 2017
- Trial and Settlement Value of Herniated Disc Claims | Motor Vehicle Collisions
14 December 2016
- Miller & Zois Helps Create New Nursing Home Law in Maryland
5 August 2016
- Social Host Drunk Driving in Maryland | New Law
20 July 2016
- Maryland Medical Malpractice Lawsuits 2016
20 June 2016
- Drug Recall Information Center
- Warming Blanket Lawsuit Case Value
15 May 2017
- Nexium Kidney Disease Lawsuits
18 November 2016
- Potential Invokana Class Action Settlements
2 September 2016
- Viagra Melanoma Legal Claims
12 September 2014
- Prescription Testosterone Concerns
18 February 2014
- $100,000 da Vinci Robot Verdict | What Went Wrong?
11 December 2013
- August 2013 Medication Safety Labeling Changes
23 September 2013
- Fosamax Lawsuit – Defense Verdict
27 August 2013
- Johnson & Johnson AsksTo Centralize State Court Tylenol Liver Injury Cases
26 August 2013
86 Questions Answered
- Q. Can a nursing home restrict family visits against a resident's will?
- A: We are going to need a lot more details to answer this question.
- Q. Can a lawyer sue for more than what was on the demand letter(that didn't settled)?
- A: Yes. The demand does not limit a judge or jury's ability to award more. Lawsuits in Maryland no longer have an "ask for" amount. The only reason to set a limit is have the claim heard in a specific court.
- Q. If I swerved to avoid hitting an animal before hitting another car am I still liable for the other driver's injuries?
- A: No. If your actions were entirely reasonable under the circumstances, you are not responsible for the victim's injuries. To be help responsible, you have to do something that a reasonable, prudent driver would not have done.
- Q. If my brother was hurt in an accident can I sue on his behalf?
- A: Probably not. The only exception I can think of would be if a court finds him unable to handle his own affairs. If you are asking if you can serve as your brother's lawyer, the answer to that question would also be no... unless you happen to be a lawyer licensed in that jurisdiction.
- Q. How does lawyer suppose to return my retainer?
- A: I agree with what Paul said. It is certainly rare to pay someone a retainer in medical malpractice cases. The vast, vast majority of malpractice lawyers in Maryland (defined as regularly handling these cases) operates on a contingency fee.
- Q. If a nurse gives you the wrong dose can you sue for malpractice?
- A: Yes. But you need a significant injury to justify the expense of filing a medical malpractice claim.
- Q. What it means when court can't find your claim #?
- A: Who knows? What were you told the status of the case is? Did your lawyer say it was in suit? Do you have a copy of the Complaint? You can simply ask for it.
- Q. If you are hurt in a hit and run accident can you still claim damages?
- A: Yes. You can make a claim through your own car insurance company, assuming you have coverage. If you don't there may be other options (see my friend Andrew's response below).
- Q. Do I need to file new expert report by a new expert witness?
- A: I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. But, generally, your firing your lawyer would not alter the defendant's discovery obligations. Generally, discovery obligations are not mutual. You cannot fail to answer discovery saying that the other party did not answer some related discovery.
Contact & Map