Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearch
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Products Liability
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma
- Workers' Compensation
- Insurance Claims
- Animal & Dog Law
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Miller & Zois, LLC
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Activities: Executive Editor of the University of Baltimore Law Review
- Loyola College
- SuperLawyers List
- Best Lawyers List
- Best Lawyers of America
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Forty Elite Lawyers in Maryland
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar
- - Current
Articles & Publications
- Insurance Settlement
- James Publishing
Websites & Blogs
- Ronald V. Miller's Website Profile
- Miller & Zois, LLC Website
- Maryland Medical Malpractice Attorney Blog
- Hello world!
4 November 2015
- Doctors Start a Malpractice Trial in the Lead
29 October 2015
- $1.8 Million Breast Cancer Settlement
26 October 2015
- Who Can Testify in a Maryland Malpractice Case?
2 June 2013
- New Study Underscores MRSA Risk in Nursing Homes
22 February 2013
- Substituting Plaintiffs in Malpractice Cases
15 October 2012
- Kidney Donor Sues for Malpractice Done to Donee?
9 October 2012
- Malpractice Claims Against Baltimore Hospitals
3 October 2012
- Effort to Kick Malpractice Case in Federal Court Fails
19 September 2012
- Maryland Accident Lawyer Blog
- Recorded Statements
3 June 2013
- Devices to Protect Infants in Cars Just Don’t Work
30 August 2012
- Jury Selection: Thoughts From Ohio
10 July 2012
- Neck Pain Now Equals Neck Pain Later
25 June 2012
- Trampoline Injury Lawsuits
25 June 2012
- How Car Accident Attorneys Put More Money in Their Injury Clients’ Pocket
25 June 2012
- Maryland Law on Spoliation
18 June 2012
- Commerce Secretary Hit-and-Run
11 June 2012
- New IME Guideline in Workers Compensation Cases?
1 June 2012
- Baltimore Injury Lawyer Blog
- How to Make Sure A Corporate Representative’s Deposition Testimony Sticks at Trial
14 August 2013
- Keep your kids alive, buckle them up.
14 June 2013
- So, uh, yeah, the internet is public. Just so you know.
30 May 2013
- What it’s like having me as co-counsel
5 April 2013
- Staying Objective Is Not Always Easy
3 March 2013
- Professionalism on Appeal
7 February 2013
- Some ways I use Apple’s iPad in my personal injury practice
2 January 2013
- The best work day of the year.
26 December 2012
- Citing 50 year-old cases from trial courts that no longer exist isn’t super persuasive, just so you know.
12 December 2012
- Lawsuit Information Center
- Mirena IUD Pseudotumor Cerebri (PTC) Lawsuits
21 July 2016
- Side Effects From Antibiotic “Wonder Drugs” Spark Medical Concern, Lawsuits
6 April 2016
- Essure Birth Control System May Cause Serious Side Effects
10 March 2016
- Bair Hugger Class Action Lawsuit
3 December 2015
- Negligent Credentialing in South Dakota
28 November 2015
- Sample Soft Tissue Injury/Minor Injury Settlement Demand Letter
20 October 2015
- J&J Wins First Tylenol Liver Damage Trial
19 October 2015
- Big Loss in Pelvic Mesh Cases
6 October 2015
- Average Personal Injury Awards in Pennsylvania
1 October 2015
- Maryland Injury Lawsuit Information Center
- Miller & Zois Helps Create New Nursing Home Law in Maryland
5 August 2016
- Social Host Drunk Driving in Maryland | New Law
20 July 2016
- Maryland Medical Malpractice Lawsuits 2016
20 June 2016
- New Spoliation Opinion
9 May 2016
- Maryland E-Filing Update
2 March 2016
- Is Donald Trump Helping Personal Injury Lawyers?
18 February 2016
- Maryland Rule 1-311
16 February 2016
- When Is a Personal Injury Case Ripe for Settlement?
16 February 2016
- Senator Ted Cruz Personal Injury Lawyer
10 February 2016
- Drug Recall Information Center
- Warming Blanket Lawsuit Case Value
6 January 2016
- Potential Invokana Class Action Settlements
2 September 2015
- Viagra Melanoma Legal Claims
12 September 2014
- Prescription Testosterone Concerns
18 February 2014
- $100,000 da Vinci Robot Verdict | What Went Wrong?
11 December 2013
- August 2013 Medication Safety Labeling Changes
23 September 2013
- Fosamax Lawsuit – Defense Verdict
27 August 2013
- Johnson & Johnson AsksTo Centralize State Court Tylenol Liver Injury Cases
26 August 2013
- July 2013 Medication Safety Labeling Changes
15 August 2013
60 Questions Answered
- Q. Easy question just had carpal surgery an cubital surgery they moved ulner nerve .I'm also borderline diabetic
- A: You have asked this question under the medical malpractice section. If you are asking whether you have a malpractice claim, the answer would be that we would have no idea without seeing your medical records. But I'm not even sure what the claim would be in this case.
- Q. Is there an actual federal code for informed consent for medical treatment unrelated to research?
- A: Malpractice claims are almost always going to be controlled by state substantive law. Google "Maryland informed consent law" for Maryland law which differs from many other states.
- Q. what does a complain "sounding in medical malpractice" mean?
- A: It basically means has enough of a malpractice flavor to subject the claim to Maryland's malpractice statutory scheme which requires you to jump through different hoops when filing a malpractice claims.
- Q. How long do you have to file a complaint for destruction of property ( a cell phone in my home)?
- A: Yes, you have three years to bring a civil claim. Realistically, you are not going to bring a civil claim for the destruction of a cell phone. The juice is not worth the squeeze.
- Q. Social guest who came to visit me at my store fell and broke her leg. Is my store liable for her injury?
- A: The question is whether she tripped as the result of the negligence of the store? You are not liable just because someone falls in your store.
- Q. How do I respond to a Civil Summons in Baltimore City, Maryland Circuit Court?
- A: That is a pretty broad question. In the most general of terms, you have to file an answer which you can find online by googling "sample Maryland complaint answers" or something like that.
- Q. Is a civil suit an option for me?
- A: I think for us to answer that question, we would need to see the evidence of the misdelivery. It would also be helpful if you put them on notice of the problem. The bigger question is where are the goods? Where did they go? Can you prove the misdelivery? Where do they say the delivery went? There could also be a claim against whoever delivered the goods and, arguably, the seller.
- Q. Emplyer cutting my hours for no reason
- A: Regrettably, neither Maryland or federal law protect you from have your hours cut or getting fired. There is no two week notice rule, either, unfortunately.
- Q. If a 12 year old girl is physically beaten by another 12 year old girl
- A: Of course. Have you called the police or the state's attorney?
Contact & Map