Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearch
Maryland personal injury trial lawyer.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Products Liability
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma
- Workers' Compensation
- Insurance Claims
- Animal & Dog Law
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Miller & Zois, LLC
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Activities: Executive Editor of the University of Baltimore Law Review
- Loyola College
- SuperLawyers List
- Best Lawyers List
- Best Lawyers of America
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Forty Elite Lawyers in Maryland
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar
- - Current
Articles & Publications
- Insurance Settlement
- James Publishing
Websites & Blogs
- Ronald V. Miller's Website Profile
- Miller & Zois, LLC Website
- Maryland Medical Malpractice Attorney Blog
- Hello world!
4 November 2015
- Doctors Start a Malpractice Trial in the Lead
29 October 2015
- $1.8 Million Breast Cancer Settlement
26 October 2015
- Who Can Testify in a Maryland Malpractice Case?
2 June 2013
- New Study Underscores MRSA Risk in Nursing Homes
22 February 2013
- Substituting Plaintiffs in Malpractice Cases
15 October 2012
- Kidney Donor Sues for Malpractice Done to Donee?
9 October 2012
- Malpractice Claims Against Baltimore Hospitals
3 October 2012
- Effort to Kick Malpractice Case in Federal Court Fails
19 September 2012
- Maryland Accident Lawyer Blog
- Recorded Statements
3 June 2013
- Devices to Protect Infants in Cars Just Don’t Work
30 August 2012
- Jury Selection: Thoughts From Ohio
10 July 2012
- Neck Pain Now Equals Neck Pain Later
25 June 2012
- Trampoline Injury Lawsuits
25 June 2012
- How Car Accident Attorneys Put More Money in Their Injury Clients’ Pocket
25 June 2012
- Maryland Law on Spoliation
18 June 2012
- Commerce Secretary Hit-and-Run
11 June 2012
- New IME Guideline in Workers Compensation Cases?
1 June 2012
- Baltimore Injury Lawyer Blog
- How to Make Sure A Corporate Representative’s Deposition Testimony Sticks at Trial
14 August 2013
- Keep your kids alive, buckle them up.
14 June 2013
- So, uh, yeah, the internet is public. Just so you know.
30 May 2013
- What it’s like having me as co-counsel
5 April 2013
- Staying Objective Is Not Always Easy
3 March 2013
- Professionalism on Appeal
7 February 2013
- Some ways I use Apple’s iPad in my personal injury practice
2 January 2013
- The best work day of the year.
26 December 2012
- Citing 50 year-old cases from trial courts that no longer exist isn’t super persuasive, just so you know.
12 December 2012
- Lawsuit Information Center Blog
- Cervical Cancer Misdiagnosis Lawsuits
9 August 2017
- Mirena IUD Pseudotumor Cerebri (PTC) Lawsuits
21 July 2017
- Pitocin Birth Injury Lawsuits
12 April 2017
- GEICO Verdicts and Settlements in Oregon in 2016
23 January 2017
- Ovarian Cancer Talcum Powder Lawsuits
14 November 2016
- Cauda Equina Syndrome Settlements and Verdicts
11 November 2016
- Will Nexium Cause You Kidney Problems?
10 November 2016
- Things That Could Hurt You: Prilosec
13 September 2016
- Side Effects From Antibiotic “Wonder Drugs” Spark Medical Concern, Lawsuits
6 April 2016
- Maryland Injury Lawsuit Information Center
- What Are Motor Vehicle Crash Personal Injury Cases Worth in Maryland?
9 August 2017
- Ankle Fracture Settlements and Verdicts
10 July 2017
- Should Your Settle or File Suit/Go to Trial?
30 June 2017
- Wrist Fracture Verdicts and Settlements
29 June 2017
- Pointing to the Empty Chair | Maryland High Court Malpractice Opinion
21 June 2017
- Settlement Value of Loss of Vision Cases
14 June 2017
- How Much Can You Sue for in a Wrongful Death in Maryland Lawsuit?
9 June 2017
- How Much Money Should I Ask for My Car Accident Settlement?
7 June 2017
- Settlement Value of Headaches in Personal Injury Cases
21 May 2017
- Drug Recall Information Center
- Warming Blanket Lawsuit Case Value
15 May 2017
- Nexium Kidney Disease Lawsuits
18 November 2016
- Potential Invokana Class Action Settlements
2 September 2016
- Viagra Melanoma Legal Claims
12 September 2014
- Prescription Testosterone Concerns
18 February 2014
- $100,000 da Vinci Robot Verdict | What Went Wrong?
11 December 2013
- August 2013 Medication Safety Labeling Changes
23 September 2013
- Fosamax Lawsuit – Defense Verdict
27 August 2013
- Johnson & Johnson AsksTo Centralize State Court Tylenol Liver Injury Cases
26 August 2013
98 Questions Answered
- Q. I am in a dispute with my neighbor.
- A: That is a really hard question to answer without more details (which is probably why no one has answered it for you). But if you provide more details, I will try to give you a better answer.
- Q. Aren't bedsores always a sign of nursing home abuse? The home where my mother is residing says no, but I can't be sure
- A: Not always. Bedsore can occur. The question is how the nursing home deals with the bedsores. It is rare that a significant life-threatening bedsore will occur in the absence of negligence.
- Q. If you want to fight the ticket will you go to jail?
- A: You need to provide more information. But the answer is almost invariably going to be no.
- Q. If there is no sign or yellow line near the fire hydrant, will I be able to fight the ticket?
- A: No.
- Q. My neighbor has been harassing me and my fiancé. My landlord hasn't remedied the situation
- A: I can't imagine what the cause would be for terminating your lease. You not getting along with your neighbor is unlikely to be a condition in your lease. But the language of that lease will be controlling.
- Q. In Maryland, is an email binding if there is already a contract in place on the sale of a house
- A: The emails are not going to be controlling. It is hard to answer a lot of these questions without actually seeing the contract. Is it standard contract used by a major realtor or did you draft it yourself? It sounds like you contract is voided by lack of performance but it is hard to speculate too much without seeing the contract.
- Q. How can I prove that my aunt shouldn't have been walking alone before she experienced a severe fall at her nursing home?
- A: Tough question to answer without more facts. Why should she not have been walking alone? Did the nursing home assess her as a fall risk? Usually, when these cases are won it is because the nursing home failed to follow their protocols (or what should have been their protocols) by properly assessing the resident and taking the appropriate precautions.
- Q. How would I pay medical bills while an injury lawsuit is pending?
- A: There is no easy answer to this question. There is often a lag between bills and compensation. You can often get health care providers to hold off collection if you have a pending personal injury claim. But there are no guarantees.
- Q. Case number error?
- A: Malpractice lawsuits are not on the case search website because they are filed in Health Claims and then typically transferred to Circuit Court. Do you have a lawyer? Why not just ask your attrorney?
Contact & Map