Free Consultation: (707) 867-0201Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ronald Mahurin

Ronald Mahurin

Law Office of Ronald Mahurin (
  • Workers' Compensation
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I am a Certified Legal specialist in California workers' compensation. I have an office in Point Arena California.

Practice Area
    Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
    The WCAB does not allow attorneys practicing workers compensation to bill clients directly and all attorney fees must be approved by the court. In sum, the applicant has no exposure to pay attorney fees absent an award from the court.
  • Contingent Fees
    On occasion I will prosecute a 132a discrimination claim and may request a contingency fee relating to any recovery.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
San Francisco State Unv
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
William Howard Taft Univ
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
California Applicant Attorney Association
- Current
Activities: Case law updates and MCLE
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 206784
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Certified Legal Specialist Workers Compensation
California Board of Legal Specialization
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Ronald G. Mahurin
Legal Answers
122 Questions Answered
Q. Is it legal for an insurance company to stop paying benefits without medical validation by challenging their own doctor?
A: Who is going to punish the Insurance Company? File for Penalties File for an Expedited hearing and use the PTP reports to justify continued payments of TTD.
Q. In June of last year my attorney filed my claim for workers comp, I thought, she has been after the wrong ins. Now what?
A: I am in agreement with Mr. Fazzi. If your attorney served the employer with the Application and supporting materials with a proof of service, there should be no issue with the insurance carrier because the employer has a duty to notify its insurance carrier that a claim has been filed. As for sanctions per CCR 10420, LC 5813. Technically your attorney can bill the carrier for all work back to the original filing of the application.
Q. Qme recommended lower back epidural injection if I refuse that type of treatment will it effect my workman's comp case
A: The QME has exceeded the scope of the evaluation as QMEs no longer control medical treatment. If your treating physician asked for an epidural, then the carrier needs to send the request through UR and IMR. I say this because an epidural is not a diagnostic, but treatment. Rest assured the carrier is not going to approve an epidural based upon a request by the QME. So the request will do nothing for or against your case.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Ronald Mahurin
42500 Eureka Hill Road
Point Arena, CA 95468
Telephone: (707) 867-0201
Fax: (650) 573-5637
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.