Free Consultation: (972) 467-3960Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ronald Lee Baranski Jr

Ronald Lee Baranski Jr

Attorney licensed, 2003 specializing on Estate Planning focus on Client goals
  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law, Estate Planning, Real Estate Law
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

I went to law school mid-life while married with 2 young daughters. Upon graduation from the University of Oklahoma, I moved to Texas and took the Texas bar in 2003. Upon notification of passing in November 2003, I opened my own office in Allen, Tx. I practiced in a variety of practice areas including, family law, contract review, civil litigation, consumer bankruptcy, and estate planning. In 2005 I joined Roach LLP a small firm of 7 attorneys as an associated attorney taking over their consumer bankruptcy practice along with general civil litigation. In 2007 I went to work for Chesapeake Energy as a contract attorney based in Ft. Worth, TX. After 1 year they hired me and my promotions took me to a point where I was managing their right-of-way acquisition group including title, right-of-way agents, 2- attorneys along with administrative assistants. In all, it included about 60 people and I worked more in the management of people than legal. I did directly interact with outside counsel on eminent domain cases among other litigation. My legal skills proved very valuable to Chesapeake in allowing me to understand the legal easement documents we were signing and be able to meet with landowner attorneys and landowners with full knowledge of the legal processes involved. I left what had become Access Midstream marketing (a spin-off from Chesapeake of their pipeline company) in 2012 on long-term disability. Once leaving I maintained my law license and started focusing all required CLE on estate planning each year. Between then and early 2023 I worked with friends at church along with referrals to prepare clients' estate plans. I started moving into also doing more trust along with some complex trust work. I now have a virtual office in Allen with a paralegal on staff that handles the final documents and notarizes same as I supervise via Facetime or speaker phone. I work entirely remotely and have found clients prefer this over having to drive to an office multiple times.

Practice Areas
    Energy, Oil & Gas Law
    Estate Planning
    Real Estate Law
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Zoom
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a free consultation of 15-30 minutes to assess your issue. And advise as to what your best options are and how best to proceed.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I use a payment service so you will pay via a secure payment link using debit or credit card.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24040468
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Ronald L Baranski
Manager of Right of Way acquisition
Access Midstream Partners
Managed a group of 60+ including title, 2 attorneys, survey, and right-of-way acquisition agents. The goal was to acquire natural gas pipeline easements throughout Tarrant, Wise, Midland & Reeves Counties, Texas. Engaged with outside counsel as needed for eminent domain. Reviewed legal easements and set up a schedule along with the budget to meet company goals.
Associate attorney
Roach LLP
Handled a variety of issues including consumer and business bankruptcy, civil litigation, defense of debtor lawsuits, landlord-tenant, estate planning, and limited involvement with family law.
Associate attorney
Roach LLP
Handled a variety of issues including consumer and business bankruptcy, civil litigation, defense of debtor lawsuits, landlord-tenant, estate planning, and limited involvement with family law.
Baranski Law Office PC
Handled a variety of legal issues, including family law, child support enforcement, consumer bankruptcy, civil litigation, estate planning, and business formation.
University of Oklahoma College of Law
J.D. (2003) | Law
University of Oklahoma College of Law Logo
Oklahoma City University School of Law
Studied for JD | Law
Went part-time while working full time then transferred to the University of Oklahoma beginning January 2002.
Oklahoma City University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar  # 24040468
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas Real Estate Probate and Trust Section
Activities: Provides specialized information for attorneys within this practice area.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
What Two Estate Planning documents does every adult need, Webinar, CA
Facebook Live
Provided general Estate Planning webinar with a co-host that is a realtor and mortgage broker in California to each of our private Facebook Groups.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. My Aunt made me the beneficiary on her 401k. She is still married. Will her spouse get her 401k ?
A: First I'm very sorry for your loss and offer my condolences.

Generally, a designated beneficiary on a 401(k) passes outside probate much like life insurance or any other account with a designated beneficiary. It is handled based on a written contract and does not come into probate. You should likely reach out to the administrator of her 401(k) and ask them to send you the necessary documents to submit a claim. I am not providing tax advice but would recommend you consult with a CPA as to the best means to transfer this without incurring additional taxes. In most cases, you would have a direct transfer from her administrator to a self-directed IRA owned by you. By transferring this way you would not incur taxes at the time of transfer. This all depends on various other facts not stated including her age and whether she was taking required minimum distributions along with the total amount held in her 401(k) because if substantial the taxes would be that much higher. Once you know the total amount held you should consult with an accountant as to the best option. ... Read More
Q. What's the best course of action when the execurtor and applicant is removed from the probate and wit of possession pen
A: The best I can tell is that Plaintiff is either entitled to be named administrator/executor and/or Plaintiff was seeking to remove someone from a home that they were not legally entitled to possess. I'm uncertain if Plaintiff prevailed in Suit to Quiet Title, but since the court issued a Writ of Possession I'm presuming the plaintiff prevailed and now the constable is going to serve the defendant with the Writ of Possession that says something to the effect of we will be back in either 24 or 48 hours and will physically remove you from the property. They will then be there on standby as the defendant's possessions are removed by third parties (someone paid by the plaintiff) to be moved to the front curb or if the weather is inclement to be stored for a period of time with the Defendant incurring storage fees. I could probably provide more information is you provided the name of the parties and/or case number and county. I searched two counties and could not find the case. ... Read More
Q. Us nysone allowed to kick me out of the house I e lived at fir 22 years after my. Nother passed away and left him the ho
A: I can only focus on the Estate planning/probate portion of your question. If read it correctly you lived in this home with your mother for 22 years. I'm assuming your mother passed away and let me first say I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 2 years ago and it's hard enough dealing with that than facing this issue. The important information that is missing is did your mother have a Will? Did it give the home to your brother? Has a probate case been opened? If she had a Will and left the home to your brother, but no probate case has been opened the Will has no legal effect. A Will only becomes legally effective once a probate judge provides evidence that proves the Will follows the formalities of Texas. At that point, the Executor (person handling the affairs for your mother's estate as dictated in the Will) would be given Letters Testamentary and he or she would have the legal ability to deed the property from your mother to your brother. If this is just based on what a Will says, but no probate has taken place then generally he would not be able to force you to leave the home. He can't physically make you leave he would need to file an eviction suit with the local JP court and have notice served on you. In the event was no probate then he would not have the ability to prove his ownership of the home. Bear in mind I'm working from a small amount of facts and may make some assumptions that are incorrect. Ultimately you would need to consult with a local attorney and give over these details to get a more accurate answer. The key here is whether a probate case took place. If not then I would think you have as much legal right to possess the property as your brother does. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Law Office of Ronald L Baranski Jr
101 W. McDermott Dr
Allen, TX 75013
Telephone: (972) 467-3960
Cell: (972) 467-3960
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Appointments available after hours by request.
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.