- Bankruptcy, Business Law, Collections ...
Roger Mattes, JR. President - Mattes & Mattes, P.C., Scranton, PA - 5/89 to Present. Litigation Attorney in a General Practice firm with strong emphasis in Bankruptcy, Debtor/Creditor Law, Commercial Law, Personal Injury, Real Estate, Family law, and Workers’ Compensation. Trial experience in both State and Federal Courts. Realtor - Hinerfeld Realty - Scranton, PA - 12/84 to 01/89. Real Estate Broker with a strong concentration on commercial and industrial transactions, as well as residential sales. Worked on complex financing including conventional mortgages, MIDAS loans, Sale/Leaseback arrangements, SLIBCO loans, owner financing. Industrial, residential and commercial appraisals. EDUCATION: Drake University Law School, Des Moines, IA - J.D.- 1991. Pennsylvania Realtors Institute, Harrisburg, PA - G.R.I. - 1986. DePauw University, Greencastle, IN, English Major - B.A. - 1980. Valley Forge Military Academy, Wayne, PA - 1976. ADMITTED: United States Supreme Court, Pennsylvania Supreme Court: U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals, U.S. District. Court Middle District of Pa., and Eastern District of Pa; U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Pa. And Eastern District of Pa; Superior Court of Pennsylvania; Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas. LECTURER: Rotary Club of the Abingtons - “Changes in the Bankruptcy Law,” (October, 2005) Middle District of Pa Bankruptcy Bench Bar - “Relief from the Automatic Stay and § 523 Actions,” (May, 2004) National Bar Institute - “Debt Collection from Start to Finish in Pa,” (March, 2003) National Bar Institute. - “Enforcement of Judgments,” (May, 2001) N.E. Pa L.P.N. Association - “Professional Liabilities,” (January, 1999) N.E. Pa Credit Union Assoc. - “Collection in NEPA” (May, 1998) Greater Scranton Jaycees - “Bankruptcy & the Credit Industry,” (April, 1993) PUBLICATIONS: “Partner v. Partner, A Closer Look at Partners
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Drake University Law School
- J.D. (1991) | Law
- DePauw University
- B.A. (1980) | English
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.