Profile Image Placeholder

Roger Carl Algase

  • Immigration Law
  • New York
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I am a Harvard Law School graduate and New York immigration lawyer with more than 30 years experience in business, professional and family immigration. I have helped many people with H-1B, and O-1 work visas, labor certification green cards and marriage green cards, among other immigration and citizenship cases. I care about my clients, handle all cases personally and am easy to reach by phone or email. I am also a regular writer about immigration law for the well known publication Immigration Daily. I well understand the anxieties and frustrations of people who are dealing with the immigration bureaucracy and I am committed to doing everything I can to make each client's immigration experience as smooth as possible and to bring about a successful result, as I have done for so many people. My Japanese-speaking paralegal has been working with me for the past 20 years, and I owe her more than I can possibly describe for her expertise and dedicated helping our clients.

Practice Area
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • French: Written
  • Spanish: Written
Professional Experience
Roger Algase, Attorney at Law
- Current
Harvard Law School
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
New York State Bar  # 1591411
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
154 Questions Answered
Q. I am 22 and an American citizen I moved to Canada with my parents becuase they were seeking refugee status here in 2009.
A: Both Canada and the US recognize dual citizenship, so moving to Canada and becoming a Canadian citizen should not, in and of themselves, result in loss of US citizenship.
Q. I recently received my green card.
A: The public charge bar to admissibility does not apply to someone who already has a permanent green card. Nor is it grounds for revoking a green card.
Q. I had my Green Card interview on 2/8, the officer did not ask for my Form I-693
A: In this kind of situation, the best course of action would most likely be to make an Infopass appointment at the office where you were interviewed, and on the appointment day go there with your sealed I-693 envelope from the doctor and ask to see a supervisor. You should not be afraid to let the supervisor know that the interviewing officer forgot to ask for the sealed envelope, and about any other unprofessional behavior by that officer. Best of all would be to consult with an experienced marriage case immigration lawyer and ask him or her to assist you with this. I have been representing applicants in green card marriage cases for 40 years, beginning in 1978, and I have had to deal with a number of difficult interviewing officers myself. If an officer does not handle the interview courteously and professionally, that might not be a good sign for further developments in the case either. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
276 Fifth Avenue
Suite 704
New York, NY 10001
Telephone: (212) 724-5643
Cell: (917) 587-5141
241 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
Telephone: (212) 724-5643
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.