Robert R. MillerLaxNeville
- Employment Law, Business Law, Securities Law
- New York
Robert R. Miller is an associate at Lax & Neville LLP with a practice primarily in securities, employment, and corporate disputes before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”) the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), and state and federal courts.
He represents individual investors in their claims against brokers, broker-dealers, and wealth managers for abusive customer sales practices, such as fraud, churning, unsuitability, and breach of fiduciary duty; brokers and other financial services professionals in a broad range of matters, including transitions between firms and disputes over deferred compensation, promissory notes, Form U-5 expungements, and employment agreements; and broker-dealers and other financial services firms and shareholders in corporate and contract disputes. A significant portion of his practice is defending bankruptcy clawback actions, many involving victims of the notorious Bernard L. Madoff Securities Ponzi scheme.
Robert also has broad experience in general commercial litigation, including contracts for the sale of goods under the Uniform Commercial Code, asset- and equity- based business sales, non-competition agreements, partnership disputes, oil and gas disputes, bad faith, fraud, and construction. He has litigated construction disputes involving public contracts, surety and bond issues, and owner-engineer-contractor triangles.
Robert graduated from New York University School of Law, where he was an editor on the Journal of Law and Liberty and a research assistant to Professor Eleanor Fox, who specializes in US antitrust and international competition law.
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Securities Law
- Free Consultation
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- New York University School of Law
- University of Wyoming
- State Bar of New York
- Robert R. Miller's Website Profile
- LaxNeville Website
- New York Securities Lawyer Blog
- Ex-Merrill Financial Advisor Suspended and Fined for Violating FINRA Rule 2010 When He Took Photographs of Client’s Non-Public Information Before Leaving Firm
April 27, 2023
- Four More Former Credit Suisse Advisers Represented by Lax & Neville LLP Win FINRA Arbitration Award Against Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC in the Deferred Compensation Arbitrations
April 24, 2023
- Another Former Credit Suisse Adviser Represented by Lax & Neville LLP Wins a FINRA Arbitration Award Against Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC in the Deferred Compensation Arbitrations
February 9, 2023
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.