Free Consultation: (619) 338-0400Tap to Call This Lawyer
Robert Philip CoganContinuum Law
- Intellectual Property, Patents, Trademarks ...
- California, District of Columbia, Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&A
Extensive experience in patents, high tech business, all software matters, and international transactions. Providing established companies and startups with clear legal advice on which sound business decisions may be based. Extensive in-house experience working with line and executive management to solve operating and strategic problems. Operating management experience. Frequent lecturer before professional groups and CLE classes.
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Appeals, Patent Litigation, Patent Prosecution
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Additional Practice Areas
- Computer Law
- Government Contracts
- Microsoft Teams
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- Continuum Law
- The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science & Art
- Undergraduate Degree | Electrical Engineering
- George Washington Univ LS
- Law Degree
- California State Bar  # 225193
- - Current
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- State Bar of California
Websites & Blogs
- Bottom-Line Business Legal Blog
- The Patents for Humanity Act of 2022
January 19, 2023
- SBIR STTR Programs Extended by New Legislation
January 9, 2023
- Charged With Copyright Infringement? Do Not Shoot Yourself in the Foot
January 5, 2023
193 Questions Answered
- Q. Is it legal to create a service that charges for short movie clips to be used in youtube videos?
- A: Probably. More facts would be needed for an answer. The studios spend tremendous amounts of money to make the movies those clips come from. They tend to get upset when somebody takes their property for free. There are probably legal ways to provide this service that do not involve copying of the clips. An attorney can help you explore possibilities.
- Q. What are my chances with an Incidental Fair Use Defense? and how much to Defend my rights?
- A: Based on the limited set of facts, this appears to be worth looking into. We are not allowed to seek business through the Q&A. You need to look someone up in the Justia Lawyer Directory. However, I would note that I work with LA County and Ventura County.
- Q. Does a global non-compete from a Delaware LLC stand if I start a new company in California?
- A: An answer requires more facts. Also there are ways to prevent California employees from competing without triggering the California prohibition in the appropriate scenario.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.