Free Consultation: (734) 662-1590Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Robert Keyes

Robert Keyes Law, PLLC
  • Bankruptcy, Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets ...
  • Michigan
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
Foreclosure Defense
  • Free Consultation
    Up to an hour for all matters.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Credit cards accepted for non-bankruptcy matters. Debit cards accepted for all representations. Cards can be accepted over the phone.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Solo attorney
Robert Keyes Law, PLLC
- Current
Assistant City Attorney
City of Ann Arbor
Wayne State University Law School
J.D. (2005) | Law
Wayne State University Law School Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
M.S.E. (1976) | Computer, Information, & Control Engineering
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
B.S. (1967) | Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering
Honors: Tau Beta Pi
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Logo
Professional Associations
Michigan State Bar  # 68856
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
69 Questions Answered
Q. Should a joint credit card still be reporting to Experian after a discharged Chapter 7 if only 1 person filed?
A: A discharged credit card will be reported as discharged by bankruptcy. The joint person who did not file will continue to show the credit report as before.
Q. If a person declares bankruptcy will they lose their house?
A: Need much more information. Most important - is the mortgage current? If so, then you may be able to file Ch 7 (the simple short bankruptcy). If not current you would need to either get current before you file a case or file Ch 13 bankruptcy and get caught up over either 3 or 5 years.
Q. If I have equity in my house will I still be able to file chapt 7 bankruptcy?
A: Depends on a lot of question too numerous to list. Just a few:

Property valuation.

Which exemptions you can use.

Your age.

Your family size.

Your sources of income and amounts.

Your expenses.

Anticipated changes in income and expenses.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Main Office
300 North Huron Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Cell: (734) 662-1590
Fax: (734) 786-0707
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.