Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- International Law
Additional Practice Areas
- Hospitality & Tourism
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Mediator / Social Media & SEO Strategist
- Independant Consultant
- - Current
- I utilize my business, marketing and negotiation skills as an independent consultant to companies in the hospitality, tourism and travel industries. Neutral Mediator resolving disputes including employee/crew, customer, PI and negligence claims, international and domestic contracts. Developed and implemented comprehensive SEO & social media marketing strategy and serve as webmaster for ATD Mediation, LLC (www.agree2disagree.com). Webmaster, designed and coded website, and developed and implemented comprehensive SEO & social media marketing strategy for Vesta Velo Cycling Tours for Women (www.vestvelo.com). Developed and teach 6 week course on SEO and social media marketing for small to mid-sized private companies in ski, hospitality and recreation industries.
- Robert G. Schrader, Esq.
- - Current
- International attorney providing business, negotiation, dispute resolution and legal services for hospitality and tourism including cruise, lodging, restaurant, recreation and sports industries in South Florida, New England and internationally. Led group preparing feasibility study for new international travel service on behalf of international investors, including directing team of experts from component fields and lobbying Canadian Federal, Provincial and local representatives. Serve as outside General Counsel to start-ups.
- General Counsel & VP Legal & Regulatory Affairs
- Scotia Prince Cruises Ltd
- Cruise ferry operator providing service between Portland, Maine and Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, and between Tampa Florida and Cancun and Merida in Mexico. Our wholly owned Canadian subsidiary created and marketed vacation packages. First General Counsel (CLO) responsible for all legal and regulatory functions of company and direct report to Chairman. Negotiated 30 year commercial lease valued at over $180M with governmental landlord. Key member of executive team responsible for strategic development, operations and compliance. Chief negotiator for $10M loan workout, resulting in removal of onerous financial covenants and waiver of technical defaults for company. Successfully managed several international litigation, arbitration and mediation cases ranging from $10M- $180M. Worked with marketing department and subsidiary tour company to create tour packages with travel partners in US and Canada. Served as primary company representative to local, state and federal governments, chamber of commerce, business partners, and Federal regulatory agencies.
- L'Auberge, Inc.
- Owned & operated 3 Diamond lodging property, 100+ seat fine dining restaurant, 40+ seat casual dining restaurant, & full service bar. Increased food & lodging revenue by over 100% and F&B sales by over 400% during first 3 years of ownership. Redesigned and oversaw major lodging and public area remodel and upgrades, redesigned commercial kitchen. Designed and oversaw addition of second al fresco dining venue with seasonal outdoor kitchen. Implemented successful social media and online marketing and website redesign. Managed independent tour operation in conjunction with two competing lodging properties
- Adjunct Professor
- Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University
- Proposed, created and taught first course on Regulation of International Business, Trade and Finance, and developed curriculum, assessments and course materials. Taught course on Transnational Business Practices in International Law Clinic and developed curriculum, assessments and authored course materials.
- Of Counsel / Co-Chair, International Group
- Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuter & Russell, PA (Now Greenspoon Marder)
- Practice focused on advising start-ups, foreign investors and multinationals establishing US operations, as well as Fortune 500 corporations on contracts, international transactions, US Customs, export controls, maritime, compliance and regulatory matters. Quadrupled practice area revenues through international creative client development. Frequent presenter on international trade to investors and executives in Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Russia and South Africa. Invited by Commercial Services Office, US Consulate Frankfurt to speak to 40 German businesses at Technology Incubator in Aachen, Germany about establishing operations in the US. Creator, author and editor of firm’s International Law Advisory newsletter.
- Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, PA
- Extensive work with all aspects of US Customs law, export controls, OFAC, FCPA, maritime & shipping, bonded warehouses, foreign trade-establishment. Extensive work to obtain authorization of Port of Miami as Coffee, Cocoa & Sugar port. Assisted clients in establishing first off-airport duty free stores in the US. Regularly worked with clients on strategic planning of sourcing and manufacturing for reducing duties on imported merchandise.
- Nova Southeastern University
- Honors: Cum Laude Law Review Dean's List: 1984, 1985, 1986 Goodwin Scholarship Book Awards: Contracts, Property, International Trade and US Law Created and moderated "S. Florida Career Opportunities in International Law" Seminar
- Activities: Law Review Phi Delta Phi, Treasurer International Law Society Jessup International Moot Court Team Created and moderated "S. Florida Career Opportunities in International Law" Seminar
- University of San Diego School of Law
- Certificate | Paris Institute on International and Comparative Law
- Honors: Dean's List Book Award: International Business Transactions
- Florida Atlantic University
- B.A. | Microbiology, Organic Chemistry
- Honors: Dean's List Faculty Scholar (CLEP tested out of Freshman & Sophomore years - Started as Junior)
- Activities: ATO Fraternity
- Florida State Bar # 689564
- - Current
- Florida Civil Circuit Mediation
- Florida Supreme Court
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map