Robert E. Gordon is a civil litigation, Intellectual Property (IP) and Patent attorney in our Doylestown, Bucks County office. He possesses comprehensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants over a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters. Admitted to practice in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Robert has appeared in both state and federal courts throughout Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey, and their surrounding counties. He has represented both individuals and large companies, and has helped to secure multiple six-digit judgments for his clients. Robert’s broad range of civil litigation experience has also involved him in personal injury and workers’ compensation matters.
Along with his civil and commercial litigation background, Robert is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and has previously worked as a full-time patent attorney. Robert provided clients with patentability and infringement opinions, authored and prosecuted patent applications, and assisted his clients in protecting their ideas. Robert became interested in patents and intellectual property during his undergraduate years at Penn State. After graduation, Robert worked as an engineer prior to attending Widener University School of Law (now Delaware Law School).
When not practicing law, you can find Robert supporting (and criticizing) the Phillies, 76ers, and Flyers, as well as the Eagles, who have somehow allowed Robert and his family to remain season ticket holders for over fifteen years.
- Intellectual Property
- Business Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Courts
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- English: Spoken, Written
- High Swartz LLP
- - Current
- Alan L. Frank Law Associates, P.C.
- Attorney in a full-service civil and corporate litigation firm for both plaintiffs’ and defendants’ cases, working on wide range of commercial cases, including: breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty litigation; shareholder disputes; and company purchase agreements. Worked on matters in jurisdictions and states all throughout the east coast. Authored and filed numerous pleadings such as Complaints, Answers, Preliminary Objections, and countless Stipulations in both state and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including appellate briefs in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Extensive document and discovery review, participation in depositions, and heavy motion practice, including motions for and opposing summary judgment, as well as response motions to opposing parties; defense of motions on oral argument. Sought out and secured expert witnesses and assisted in the formulation of expert reports.
- Registered Patent Attorney
- IP Works PLLC
- Attorney with focus on patent prosecution in intellectual property firm. Drafted claims and specifications from scratch for non-provisional utility patent applications in a wide variety of subject matters, including: electrical, mechanical, radio frequency, electro-optics, firearms, weapon magazines, lasers, and environmental science inventions in industries including retail, clothing, emergency response, and sanitation; responded to dozens of first and final Office Actions with argument and amendments; discussed proposed application changes with USPTO Examiners; drafted design patents and provisional applications from scratch; consulted clients on patentability opinions and wide variety of matters throughout prosecution; conducted extensive patent searches and written analysis reports and patentability opinions; prepared infringement opinions; coordinated with patent draftsmen to create compliant patent drawings; conducted trademark searches.
- Associate Attorney
- Gaylord Popp, LLC
- Extensive practice in a Central New Jersey personal injury and worker’s compensation litigation office with several court appearances in New Jersey Superior Court, Law Division in counties throughout central and southern New Jersey; conducted arbitrations, depositions, and oral arguments; prepared briefs for summary judgment and defended them on oral argument; authored, filed, responded, and conducted oral argument on a variety of motions, including motions to reinstate complaints, extend discovery, force settlements, substitute service, extend discovery, etc.
- Widener University
- J.D. (2009)
- Honors: - Pro Bono Distinction: 60+ hours of free legal services - Outstanding Service Award – Awarded by the Dean of Students - Distinguished Service Award – Awarded for extensive service in Student Government - Certificate of Appreciation – Service in Student Government (Twice Awarded)
- Activities: Student Bar Association: Treasurer 2008-09; 2007-08 - Sports and Entertainment Law Association: President 2008-09; V.P. 2007-08 - Intellectual Property Society: Secretary and Treasurer 2008-09; 2007-08 Extracurriculars: - Director of Widener Law Sports and Entertainment Law Symposium – April 2009 - American Trial Lawyers Association Mock Trial Competition participant – April 2008
- Pennsylvania State University - University Park
- B.S. (2004) | Electrical Engineering
- State Bar of Pennsylvania # 306778
- High Swartz Law Firm Website
- High Swartz Legal Insights
- Best Lawyers Names 9 High Swartz Attorneys
14 August 2019
- Real Estate Transfer Tax
10 August 2019
- 17 High Swartz Attorneys Named Top Lawyers
31 July 2019
- Spotted Lanternfly
30 July 2019
- Child Tax Credit
16 July 2019
- FUCT at the Trademark Office – Not So Fast!
26 June 2019
- Implementing a Paperless Office CLE by Joel Rosen & Jim Shrimp
13 June 2019
- The Mental Health Procedures Act
12 June 2019
- High Swartz Welcomes Summer Associate from Rutgers Law School
11 June 2019